USA Wrestling Weekly's October 11, 2013 broadcast posted for viewingUSA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week's episode, visit the following link:
This week's show included the following feature segments:
- Jordan Burroughs named USOC Male Athlete of Month for September. Adeline Gray is third in the women's voting.
- Coverage of the Veterans World Championships from Sarajevo, Bosnia, including champions Michael Schyck, Shirzad Ahmadi, Steve Turgeon, Jason Goldman, Terry Harris and Mohammad Taheri
- Updates from U.S. freestyle tour to Russia and Greco-Roman tour to Panama
- USA Wrestling restructures National Teams Department, with Les Gutches taking more administrative responsibility and Cody Bickley and Jaimie McNab promoted to Manager positions
- Victory Wrestling Challenge in Omaha, Neb. on November 22 to feature top wrestling stars, with donation from ticket sales going to USA Wrestling
- Olympic Training Center interviews with new resident athletes Kyle Snyder, Garrett Ryan, Brittney Roberts and Jacob Mitchell
- Lineup finalized for NWCA All-Star Classic at George Mason Univ. on November 2
- Countdown for Top 10 stories from Keep Olympic Wrestling movement, featuring stories from No. 6 - No. 10
- And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner sent in by Eric Crease, depicting Novice wrestler Paxton Creese of Apple Valley, Minnesota throwing an opponent in a 60-pound match at the Minnesota USA State Championships in May.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling's YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
- Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
- Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
- Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
- The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
- Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
- CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
- Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
- Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
- KWEM TV 31 - Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
- CCN in Danville, Pa.
- Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
- Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling -- Tennessee; USA Wrestling -- Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.