USA Wrestling Weekly’s November 22, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the two USA vs. Russia Dual meets in New York, to include:
- Russia’s 4-3 win over the USA in Clifton Park, N.Y., with video of each match, and interviews with men’s winners Aaron Pico, Moza Fay and Tyrell Fortune. Also highlights of the two USA v. Canada matches, with interviews of winners Jenna Burkert and Alexis Porter
- The USA win over Russia, 4-3, in Ithaca, N.Y., with video of each match and interviews with winners Kellen Russell, Kyle Dake, Clayton Foster and Zach Rey
• Updated coverage of the Freestyle Team USA training camp at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, N.Y., with interviews of Aaron Pico, Tyrell Fortune, Sam Hazewinkel, Angel Escobedo and J.D. Bergman
• Google+ Hangouts with two major college teams, Oklahoma and Ohio State, with video from Mark Cody, Kendric Maple, Andrew Howe and Jarrod Patterson from the Sooners, plus Logan Stieber, Hunter Stieber, Nick Heflin and Ian Paddock from the Buckeyes.
• Update on the Victory Wrestling Challenge in Omaha, Neb., with interviews of local heroes Eli Dominguez and Esai Dominguez
• Football legend Karl Mecklenburg and a scout troop visit the wrestlers at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, with interview of Mecklenburg, Jon Reader, Kyle Snyder and Brooks Climmons
• Update on the Grapple at the Garden in New York City on Dec. 1, with information on the New York AC vs. Titan Mercury club dual meet.
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Brady Blackett, with a picture showing 7-year old Cooper Blackett, closely watching his wrestling hero Taylor LaMont of Utah competing at the Western Junior Regionals in Pocatello, Idaho.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
• Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.