USA Wrestling Weekly’s November 15, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, November 15, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of both days of the New York AC International in New York City including
- Day 1 coverage with highlights and interviews with U.S. champions Andy Bisek, Spenser Mango, Ben Provisor, Joe Betterman, Robbie Smith, Alli Ragan and Sarah Hildebrandt.
- Day 2 coverage with highlights and interviews with U.S. champions Frank Molinaro, Wynn Michalak, Raymond Jordan and Tyrell Fortune, and review from coach Zeke Jones
- Interview with 2008 Olympic bronze medalist Randi Miller, who has come back from retirement with a silver medal effort in New York
• Onsite interviews at the Freestyle National Team training camp in Lake Placid, N.Y. with Reece Humphrey and Zeke Jones
• Lineups for USA vs. Russia duals in New York this weekend, which will be webcast on Flowrestling, with interviews with Kyle Dake and Frank Perrelli
• Preview of Victory Wrestling Challenge in Omaha, Neb., Nov. 22, with interviews of Trent Paulson, Travis Paulson, Nick Marable, Jarod Trice, Deron Winn and Evan Brown
• Two women’s freestyle matches added to Grapple at the Garden in New York City, Dec. 1
• Interviews with women’s college coaches Jason Moorman of King and Donnie Stephens of the Cumberlands
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Case Hooper, with a photo of a sweet throw by nine-year-old Brac Hooper of Illinois in a recent Greco-Roman match held in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
• Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.