USA Wrestling Weekly's July 26, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, July 26, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week's episode, visit the following link:
This week's show included the following feature segments:
- Coverage from the 2013 ASICS/Vaughan Junior and Cadet Nationals in Fargo, N.D., including:
- Women's Junior Nationals Duals coverage, with interviews with Rob Hirsch, Rachel Hale and Alexis Porter
- Cadet Freestyle Nationals coverage, with interviews with Daton Fix, Nick Reenan, Mark Hall, Jacob Marnin, Lance Benick, Zahid Valencia, Mason Manville and Beau Breske
- Junior Freestyle Nationals coverage, with interviews with Adam Coon, Nathan Tomasello, Aaron Pico, Anthony Collica, Bo Nickal, Mitch Sliga, Hunter Marko, Roy Nash and Illinois state chair Jim Considine
- U.S. wrestlers compete in Ancient Olympia, Greece, with interviews with FILA President Nenad Lalovic, plus athletes Ellis Coleman, Elena Pirozhkova and Helen Maroulis
- ASICS High School All-American Teams for boys and girls announced in Fargo
- Mitch Hull to leave USA Wrestling after 21 years as National Teams Director to return to Wisconsin
- And More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Gene Lee, with a photo from Fargo, as Illinois teammates Kirk Johansen and Francis Edelin battle in the 100 pound Junior freestyle finals.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling's YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network.
- Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
- Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
- Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
- The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
- Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
- CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
- Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
- Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
- KWEM TV 31 - Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
- CCN in Danville, Pa.
- Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
- Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling - Tennessee; USA Wrestling - Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com