USA Wrestling Weekly's May 25, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, May 25, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week's episode, visit the following link:
This week's show included the following feature segments:
- Coverage of the Curby Cup in LaGrange, Ill. including big wins by Justin Ruiz, Justin Lester and Ben Provisor. See Ruiz leave his shoes on the mat in retirement
- Preview of Women's World Cup in Tokyo, Japan, with statement from National Coach Terry Steiner
- U.S. freestyle Olympians to face Russia at Beat the Streets Gala in Times Square in New York City on June 7
- U.S. Olympic Team Wrestle-off at 60 kg between Shawn Bunch, Reece Humphrey and Coleman Scott to be held on June 7 in Times Square
- Beat the Street exhibition bouts to feature Kyle Dake vs. Matt Gentry, and Helen Maroulis vs. Ashley Hudson
- Freestyle Olympians and Randy Couture to attend NJ Drive of Champions at Trump National Golf Course in New Jersey, June 4
- Preview of this weekend's Men's FILA Junior World Team Trials in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Rebecca Brown, with a photo of 10-year-old Seth Brown taking first place in the Rookie Division at 55 pounds at the Dixie Nationals in Atlanta, Ga.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling's YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
- Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
- Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
- The Fight Now USA cable network
- Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
- CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
- Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling -- Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling -- Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Shawn Van Leeuwen of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org