USA WRESTLING JOB OPPORTUNITY National Events AssistantPosition Title: National Events Assistant
Division/Department: USA Wrestling/National Events
Job Responsibility: USA Wrestling (USAW) is seeking a qualified individual to assist in the area of National Events to develop, promote, implement and coordinate USA Wrestling's national events programs at regional, national and international levels. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for design, production and distribution of event flyers and other event specific documents.
* Facilitate the exchange and posting of USAW event .pdf fliers on themat.com.
* Responsible for updating USA Wrestling specific events websites.
* Coordinate the purchasing, cleaning, packaging and distribution of all event related materials, equipment and supplies.
* Manage and coordinate all shipping arrangements for supplies to include rental truck procurement and negotiation. Loading and unloading of trailer. Must also be able to drive truck and trailer to select USAW National Events.
* Responsible for all inventories of events-related equipment and supplies.
* Coordinate set-up of all areas at USAW events assigned including venue layout, sponsorship fulfillment, and general venue appearance. Set-up should also include proper clock set-up and takedown at larger USA Wrestling National events.
* Coordinate orientation of score clock operation.
* Coordinate set-up of weigh-in area and networking computers for weigh-ins.
* Responsible for printing weigh-in cards prior to traveling to USAW Events.
* Responsible for managing pairers on the use of Trackwrestling software.
* Responsible for networking computers, printers and servers in order to use Trackwrestling software at USAW Events.
* Responsible for management of Trackwrestling email database.
* Coordinate and communicate with Trackwrestling each event-specific registration and bracketing requirements.
* Coordinate with local organizers and ship tournament supplies.
* Responsible for overseeing Trackwrestling on-line registration.
* Responsible for blast email promotion of prospective event participants.
* Responsible for tabulation of Ultimate Challenge points and communication with Ultimate Challenge Event Directors.
* Responsible for tabulation and fulfillment of U.S. Olympic Rankings program.
* Responsible for contracting and invoicing hotels for major USAW Events.
* Assist with public relations needs, television broadcast needs, internet transmission needs, sponsorship acquisition and fulfillment needs prior to and during events.
* Assist with the preparation and distribution of bid specifications for future USAW events.
* Serve as the event coordinator for selected USAW events, and closely monitor proceedings, contract compliance, implement policies and serve as a USAW's official representative.
* Assist local organizers with development and coordination of current and future events programming.
* Motivate diverse groups of volunteers at all levels, possess diplomatic and negotiation skills, and share a vision for the development and growth of wrestling.
* Responsible for the international communication for USAW International Events.
* Responsible for housing arrangements and accommodations for all USAW International Events.
* Responsible for all transportation logistics for International Events. Including driving a 15-passenger van.
* Responsible for invoicing and money collection of International Teams for USAW International Events.
* Responsible for the entire invitation process for International USAW Events.
* Responsible for creation and distribution of all USAW International Event packets.
* Assist as an audiovisual technician at USAW activities.
* Assist in production activities at larger USAW National Events.
* Able to lift heavy objects over 75 lbs.
* Perform such duties as may be assigned by the Director of National Events.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: Two to five years experience in event/conference management. Past event coordination and tournament management preferred. A bachelor's degree in sports management, marketing, or related fields. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficient skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and data base construction. Ability to network computers and troubleshoot is required. Ability to drive 20 foot trailer for an extended period of time is required. Ability to lift 75 lbs is required. Ability to travel for extended days (predominantly weekends) is required. Graphic design and desktop publishing skills preferred. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit program. USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to: Pete Isais, Director of National Events, USA Wrestling, 6155 Lehman Drive, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until position filled.