In its activities, the IWF recognises three age groups:
YOUTH: up to and including seventeen (17) years of age.
JUNIOR: up to and including twenty (20) years of age.
- All age groups are calculated in the athlete’s year of birth.
- The minimum age for participation in the Senior World, Junior World and World University Championships and other open international events for men and women is fifteen (15).
- The minimum age for participation in the Olympic Games, for men and women is sixteen (16).
- Participation age for Youth Olympic Games is sixteen (16) and seventeen (17).
- The minimum age for participation in the Youth events is thirteen (13).
||13 – 17
||15 – 20
COPYRIGHT International Weightlifting Federation (www.iwf.net)