Certified coaches may renew/recertify for only one year at a time.
Please remember that membership and certification are separate in our membership database, WebPoint.
A certification may only lapse for 2 years before a coaching course must be retaken.
To Renew and Recertify
- Log on to your membership account by clicking here.
- Go to your membership profile page and click 'Renew Membership'.
- After payment, return to your membership profile to complete any certification requirements.
IMPORTANT: After completing payment for your membership, return to your membership profile page to complete any certification requirements. Your certification will not be valid until all requirements have been completed.
- Memberships and Certifications are separate within our membership system Webpoint. Once you log in, you can click Coaching Certification on the left menu. You will pay your recertification fee here. Then go to My Profile, click the Exams tab and take the recertification quiz. The quiz is 10 questions and you only have 2 attempts.
- If membership is cancelled, USAW does not refund membership or recertification fees.
- All athletes participating in USAW activities may be subject to random drug testing.
- Required for Level 1 Sport Performance Coaches and Club Coaches.
- To take the recertification test
- Go to My Profile, Click Exams and click Sports Performance Coaching Course exam.
- Answer each of the ten multiple choice questions. There is only one answer per question.
- Click 'Grade Quiz'. The system grades the test immediately and updates your membership.
- If you do not pass the test, you will be given a second chance. If you do not pass the second time, you will need to retake the course in order to be certified.
- If your certification lapses for more than 2 years, you will be required to take the coaching course again.
Criminal Background Check
Effective July 5, 2010, all USAW members with the following participation designations, currently described as membership categories, are required to comply with a comprehensive criminal record screening program upon renewal of membership: Club Coach, National Coach, International Coach, Senior International Coach, Non-Certified Coach, Official, Referee, Volunteer and Medical. Screening is required every two years.
- Required for Club Coach, National Coach, International Coach, Senior International Coach, and Non-Certified Coaches.
- To submit the background check:
- Click 'Background Check' on on the left menu of Webpoint.
- The background check is required every two years.
- We are not requiring proof of CPR certification at this time.