Certified coaches may renew/recertify for only one or two years at a time.
To Renew and Recertify
- Log on to your membership account by clicking here.
- Go to your membership profile page and click 'Renew Membership'.
- After payment, return to your membership profile to complete any certification requirements.
IMPORTANT: After completing payment for your membership, return to your membership profile page to complete any certification requirements. Your certification will not be valid until all requirements have been completed.
- The system will only give you three months of membership until all requirements have been met. Then your membership will automatically extend to the full membership period and you will be able to print your membership card and coaching certificate from your membership profile page.
- If membership is cancelled, USAW does not refund membership or recertification fees.
- All athletes participating in USAW activities may be subject to random drug testing.
- Required for Level 1 Sport Performance Coaches and Club Coaches.
- To take the recertification test
- click 'Take the Quiz Now' on your membership profile page
- Select any one of the three options for your membership category on the next page.
- Select 'Recertification Test'
- Answer each of the ten multiple choice questions. There is only one answer per question.
- Click 'Save Responses'. The system grades the test immediately and updates your membership.
- If you do not pass the test, you will be given a second chance. If you do not pass the second time, you will need to retake the course in order to be certified.
Criminal Background Check
Effective July 5, 2010, all USAW members with the following participation designations, currently described as membership categories, are required to comply with a comprehensive criminal record screening program upon renewal of membership: Club Coach, National Coach, International Coach, Senior International Coach, Non-Certified Coach, Official, Referee, Volunteer and Medical. Screening is required every two years.
- Required for Club Coach, National Coach, International Coach, Senior International Coach, and Non-Certified Coaches.
- To submit the background check:
- Click 'Complete Background Check' on your membership profile page. The link will take you to the National Center for Safety Initiatives website.
- Follow the instructions for submitting the background check on the NCSI site.
- If you have previously submitted a background check (within the past two years), your background check status will say 'pending' when you renew. Please contact the National Office to have your background check status updated manually. The background check is required every two years.
- NCSI will send you a confirmation of the results of your background check within ten days of submission. At that time your membership will automatically be updated with the results of the check.
- If you are unable to register online, please contact NCSI directly at (866) 833-7100.
- Payment Note: NCSI accepts both Visa and MasterCard and this information is also posted on the NCSI website. USAW is not responsible for applicable fees.
- If applicants experience problems they can contact NCSI at (866) 833-7100, there will be an option for technical/web issues.
- Click here for more information
- We are not requiring proof of CPR certification at this time.