COURSE SANCTION FORM:
Complete a Course Sanction Form (HERE)
Completed applications must be received by USA Weightlifting at least 8 weeks before the requested course dates.
Course dates cannot conflict with any USA Weightlifting National Event. Please check the national events link for any date conflicts.
Courses must be spaced 4 weeks or 50 miles from each other. Please check course registration link for conflicts before submitting your application.
Host Organizations may submit one coaching course application request every two weeks. Multiple applications and applications received earlier than the two week spacing will be returned.
If a cap is not submitted on the application, a cap of 40 will be applied.
Courses available for hosting are the Sports Performance Coach course and the Advanced Sports Performance Coach course. Other courses, including the Program Design course, are not offered on the local level and may not be requested on the Coaching Course Application Form.
Completed Coaching Sanction forms should be sent to: email@example.com
Change requests to the final posted course (dates, site or participant capacity) are rarely granted and will incur a $50 administration fee. Change requests may include, but are not exclusive to, dates, locations, caps, coordinators.
- Host facility must have a lecture/classroom area, plus an open area to safely accommodate all participants during the practical sessions.
- For each participant, the host must provide:
- Chair and table space (as well as tables and chairs) for the lectures and exam
- One 1” diameter - 5' long wooden dowel or PVC pipe
- Adequate floor space for the practical portion of the course
- Estimate floor space using 3 participants per 100 square feet of open space
- Facility Size – a 10’x 10’of open, flat and level floor space per every 4 participants (e.g., five 10’ x 10’ areas for 18 participants)
- Equipment - For every three participants, the host must provide:
- One Olympic-style weightlifting bar
- One pair of light weight bumper plates (10lb or 5kg)
- (additional bars and plates will give the participants a better experience)
- Safety – Facility must meet all local fire safety standards.
- An emergency medical and safety plan for instructors and participants should be on hand.
- Agency Presence/Exclusivity - A representative of the host facility must be available throughout the course. No other events can be held in the same facility during the course, unless there is a clear delineation of venues and programs.
- Rebate to Host: The host organization listed on the Coaching Course Sanction Form will receive the following rebate after the course:
- $80 per participant (USA Weightlifting sanctioned club)
- $70 per participant (non-USA Weightlifting sanctioned club)
The total is reduced by any rental fees plus expenses for instructor (travel, meals, and lodging) over $350. Rebates are issued based on the number of participants who complete the course.
- The host may request an instructor. If you do not, one will be assigned by the National Office based on geographical proximity.
- A course must have a minimum of 5 participants or the course will be cancelled.
- The last date for reaching this minimum is 5 business days before the start of the course.
- It is the host’s responsibility to ensure that the minimum numbers are reached.
- Walk-in registrations cannot be accepted.
*Highlighted items require specific acknowledgement of understanding on the Course Sanction Form.