- CEU FAQ
- Coaching Certification & Advancement
- Coaching Course Policies and Waiver
- Coaching Courses
- Criminal Records Screening Program
- General Liability Insurance
- How to Host a Course
- Olympic Lifting College Courses
- Coaching Certifications
To complete a background check:
Please log into your membership profile. Under the Main Menu, click onto Coach Certifications, and you'll be able to access the background check to complete.
**At this time, we cannot accept any background checks from other organizations. If you are a resident of PA, please make sure to provide us with the PA-153 Child Abuse document, as that can be transferred. However, you will still be required to take our general background screening.
USA Weightlifting Criterion Offenses: Convictions of, disclosures of, convictions of, and pending dispositions for crimes on this list will prompt a determination that an applicant ‘does not meet’ the criminal background screening criteria and a red light determination will be issued.
Criterion Offenses-Convictions of, disclosures of convictions of, and pending dispositions for any of the following crimes will prompt a determination that an applicant ‘does not meet’ the criminal background screening criteria and a red light determination will be issued:
- Any felony including an element of violence regardless of the amount of time since the offense, and any non-violent felony within the past ten (10) years (any crime punishable by confinement greater than one year).
- Defined on the basis of exposure to the offense for which the defendant was convicted, pled guilty or pled nolo contendere. If pled down, then the crime to which the defendant ultimately pled.
- Defined by all crimes punishable by greater than one year in jail or prison, regardless of how characterized by jurisdiction. If range, alternate sentencing, or indeterminate sentencing, outer range > one year.
- Any lesser crime involving force or threat of force against a person within the last seven (7) years.
- Any sex crime or offense including “victimless” crimes of a sexual nature (including pornography).
- Any lesser crime within the prior five (5) years involving controlled substances or more than one (1) offense involving controlled substances within the last ten (10) years, or any lesser crime within the prior five (5) years involving alcohol or more than one (1) offense involving alcohol within the last ten (10) years.
- Any lesser crime involving cruelty to animals.
- Any crime involving harm to a minor within the last five (5) years.
Criminal Record Screening Program: Effective July 5, 2010, all USAW members with the following participation designations, currently described as membership categories, will be required to comply with a comprehensive criminal record screening program upon renewal of membership: Level 1 Weightlifting Coach (Club Coach), Coaching Levels 2-5, Dual-Certified Coach, Non-Certified Coach, Official, Referee, Volunteer and Medical. Screening will be required every two years.
SSCI is America's #1 Choice in Parks and Recreation Background Screening and Youth Sports Background Checks. The program has set the standard for background checks which has been adopted and implemented by over 1,000 city and county parks and recreation agencies, countless youth sports organizations, and many of the National Governing Bodies of the United States Olympic Committee.
SSCI offers a quick, effective, and affordable method that has relieved the burden of background screening. Organizations and agencies will have peace of mind that they have exercised due diligence and that their participants have withstood an aggressive, systematic, and meticulous national screening procedure
If you have questions about your background check, you may contact SSCI directly at:
1853 Piedmont Road, Suite 100
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm (EST)
Thank you for your cooperation.