Register online here for USAW coaching courses. If you cannot register online, contact the National Office
As soon as a course is sanctioned, it is posted on the calendar. If you do not see a course that works for you, keep checking the calendar as it is updated regularly. Courses at the OTC are tentatively scheduled for one course each summer. As soon as one is scheduled it will be posted.
Please note the following critical information:
- You MUST be present for the ENTIRE course and exam in order to be eligible for certification. If an emergency occurs and you need to leave the course before the end, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule (penalty fees may apply).
- Registration deadline - 5 business days before the course start date. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Course Capacity - Courses may have limited space and registration may be closed before the deadline at any time without notice.
- Course Cancellation - USAW is not responsible for any hotel, travel or other costs incurred by course registrants.
- Transfer / Refund Policy - Applies to anyone who has paid for a course but cannot attend.
No Shows - If you cannot attend a course you have registered for, USA Weightlifting must be notified at least 24 hours before the course. If USAW is not notified within this time, the first free transfer is forfeit and a $250 transfer fee will be required to register for another course.
Discounts - There are no discounts given for coaching courses.
Effective September 1, 2011, individuals who fail the written exam at a USA Weightlifting coaching course are required to retest at a future course or at a clinic at a National event. The retest may be facilitated at a time and location of the participant's choosing from USAW's course calendar and will be offered at a reduced rate of $245 off the listed course fee. USA Weightlifting membership associated with course participation will be adjusted to coincide with the certification year, once achieved.
- Transfers - USAW will transfer a registration to another coaching course free of charge ONE TIME. There will be a $250 transfer fee for each additional transfer. (Registration deadlines and closures apply) Please send your request and course information to the National Office. Note: Beginning July 1, 2012, coaching course fees will be raised to $495. Those who transfer from a $395 course to a $495 course will need to pay the balance.
- Refunds - There is a $100 cancellation fee for refund requests. Late fees cannot be refunded.
*Note - Courses are arranged and run by local clubs and coaches. The National Office does not schedule coaching courses. Once courses are requested from clubs or coaches, the National Office grants the right to host one. If you do not see a course in your area, please contact your local club or coach to inquire about whether they plan on hosting one in the future.
While USA Weightlifting does not have a minimum age requirement for enrollment in the Coaching Education Courses it is our policy that instructors be supervised by an accredited coach until the age of 18.