Sports Performance Certification
Course Description: The purpose of this course is to take all participants through complete technical progressions of the Snatch, Clean & Jerk, and all associated movements including Power Snatch, Power Clean, Power Jerk, Squat variations, and pulling progressions. Participants will gain base line knowledge about the programming of training and technical rules. The course includes theoretical classroom, and practical hands-on portions. Course duration is over one weekend and lasts approximately 13-14 hours with up to 9 hours being practical and 4-5 hours lecture based. It is suitable for Strength & Conditioning /Sports Performance, Health & Fitness and beginning level competitive Weightlifting Coaches alike.
Included Materials: Course manual, and one (1) year USA Weightlifting membership and certification.
$495 - Courses not held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO.
Pre-registration is required for all courses. Walk-ins are not allowed.
The registration deadline for any course is 5 business days prior to the first day of the course.
Courses may be closed at any time prior to the deadline without notice. Please do not make travel arrangements before registering for the course.
In the event a course is cancelled, USA Weightlifting is not responsible for any pre-paid expenses incurred by participant.
- For questions about a specific course, contact the course coordinator on the course listing from the link below.
- If you are not a current member, a membership will automatically be created for you. Your membership start date will be the first day of the course.
- If you are a current member, your membership will be prorated to include the 1 year membership paid for in the course fee upon completion of the course.
- Once the course is processed, you will receive an email with your score and instructions to log on to your membership account to print your membership card and coaching certificate. You can expect your information 4-6 weeks following the course.
- The NSCA gives 1.2 Continuing Education Units for NSCA members who take this course.
- Common abbreviation: USAW-L1SP
USA Weightlifting is the official governing body of Olympic Weightlifting in the United Sates and the provider of coaching education for the sport of weightlifting under the United States Olympic Committee. Courses and certifications provided by third party vendors/organizations are non-transferable, towards a USA Weightlifting certification. The sport and science of weightlifting is constantly changing and progressing with new discoveries happening frequently. For this reason there are no previous courses that are transferable or "grand-fathered" in to obtaining a USA Weightlifting Certification. The information presented in our courses is up to date and therefore it is in the best interest of our sport to ensure that coaches are properly training and educated. Individuals seeking certification through USA Weightlifting must complete the courses and requirements set forth by the organization.