USA Volleyball is the National Governing Body for the sport of beach volleyball in the United States. USAV runs and manages the U.S. National and Olympic Beach Volleyball Teams as well as the U.S. Youth and Junior Beach National Teams for each gender. The USAV Beach National Ranking System, Jose Cuervo Series, the USA Junior Beach Tour, and the USAV Beach High Performance Programs along with a number of tiered training programs, are managed by the USAV Beach Programs office.
USAV Beach works to advance beach volleyball talent and build a broader and stronger pipeline of athletes and coaches for our U.S. Olympic Teams. The beach programs at USA Volleyball build the "pipeline" for young beach volleyball athletes who aspire to reach the elite level of their sport and who dream of representing the United States on the Beach Volleyball National Team.
USAV Beach provides team and camp opportunities for beach athletes in several designated age groups. These age groups are determined by an athlete's year of birth (using international criteria) and begin when they are in middle school, continuing for 15 seasons, often into their collegiate years and transition to professional.
The goals of the beach programs include:
- To be the worldwide leader in the sport of beach volleyball;
- To win Olympic medals;
- To participate in as many FIVB and related events possible;
- To grow the number of opportunities available to beach athletes, the number of high-level competitions, and the amount of time they are able to participate;
- To prepare a broad pool of qualified and experienced athletes available to compete for spots in national and international competitions;
- To prepare a broad pool of qualified and experienced coaches for all levels of the game;
- To prepare athletes for collegiate sand participation and to expose athletes to collegiate sand coaches;
- To bring young beach volleyball athletes together in challenging and rewarding training environments;
- To provide opportunities to learn and develop with the best coaches in the United States and compete at elite and international levels;
- To grow the game at the grassroots and development level; and
- To introduce outdoor volleyball to a new audience.
For more information contact USAV Beach Programs: 200 Pier Ave., Suite 134, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254, Ph: (310) 975-3030, Fax: (310) 376-7300