IROQUOIS-EMPIRE VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION INC. [IREVA] is one of the member RVAs of USAV. IREVA’s territory is generally described as upstate eastern New York State. Specific counties include: Albany, Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Onondaga, Orange, Oswego, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, St. Lawrence, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren and Washington.
IREVA's mission is to administer USAV Regional programs and to promote volleyball as a lifetime activity. We define success in carrying through this mission by the following:
- Competitive teams that are active in all age and gender groups, across all levels of play
- Tournaments, coaches and officials of the highest quality
- The organization and its members are respected by parents, administrators, and coaches of school and college athletic programs
- The organization is respected by and has the active involvement of its members, coaches and officials
- The organization and its members are a source of information and support for volleyball activities for non-USAV organizations
- The organization is financially and operationally stable
Consistent with that Mission Statement and USAV goals, IREVA operates programs including adult competition, juniors competition, juniors high performance, referees development and coaches development. IREVA goals include addition of programs for beach / outdoor, colleges, player development, and outreach to other [non-USAV] local volleyball programs.