USA Volleyball Membership
- Subscription to Volleyball USA, our quarterly magazine, for all qualifying registrants
- Receive exclusive discounts from USA Volleyball sponsors and suppliers
- Rental car discounts from Alamo, Enterprise and National Car Rental.
- Flight discounts through United, USA Volleyball's preferred Airline Partner.
- Hotel discounts with Hilton HHonors, the official hotel partner of USA Volleyball.
- Get the credit card that rewards you and shows your support for USA Volleyball everywhere you shop, dine or travel! Click here to Apply Today!
- Opportunity to play in USA Volleyball sanctioned competitions, both indoor and beach, open only to USAV RVA members
- Age group competition for Junior Volleyball - 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13 and 12 & under, Youth (3-11 years old), 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 & overs, and/or Open/Club AA, A, BB, and B skill levels
- Ability to qualify for USA Junior Volleyball & USA Junior Beach Volleyball National Championships, the USA Open Volleyball Championships and the U.S. Open of Beach Volleyball.
- Eligibility to tryout and participate in USA Volleyball RVA and national volleyball camps
- Secondary sports accident for those with primary insurance and primary sports accident insurance (with $1,000 deductible) for those registrants without health insurance during USAV/RVA sanctioned events
- General liability insurance - covering all USAV/RVA sanctioned activities.
- Opportunity for involvement in RVA meetings, subject to each RVA's bylaws, as well as USAV National meetings and symposiums
- Discounted USAV Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP) training and courses
- Opportunity to coach and officiate in junior volleyball and adult competitions - with national background screening for all junior volleyball coaches
- Opportunity to represent the USA in indoor and beach volleyball in the Pan Am Games, World Championships (senior, junior and youth levels), and the Olympic and Paralympic Games
If I play recreationally for my Park & Rec or AAU team, can I also be a member of USA Volleyball?
Yes! You can be on a different USAV team, while playing park and rec, or sign up your whole team and play USAV events as well. Some of the 40 RVAs may choose to run a friendship tourney period that runs in the fall, which allows players to practice and/or play with various USAV teams in advance of the regular season. Contact your local RVA office for details. What kind of memberships are there?
Each RVA has a variety of registration levels from which to choose. Check with your region to see which types are available in that region. In general, they are:
- Adult (for players, coaches, officials)
- Junior Volleyball (for players ages 18 and under)
- Youth (for players ages 11 and under)
- Outdoor (for late spring/summer only play)
- One Event (for one event USAV sanctioned play)
- League (for 8-12 week limited play only leagues)
- Other (fan, chaperone, leadership, etc.)
Coaches, for youth, junior and adult play, must be registered members of the region in which they live. Since 2005, USA Volleyball has been protecting the children who play by requiring coaches who work with players under the age of 18 to have a current background screening. Coaches are also required to have the USAV IMPACT course certification in order to coach in a junior program. IMPACT is a four-hour clinic presented either locally on-site through your Region Office, or Online through the National Office. The IMPACT course, started in 1990, covers the risk management issues, legal duties and ethics of coaching, drill design, USAV insurance, skill learning research, techniques and team systems, and much more - all annually updated to the latest information. Contact your region office for the schedule of local IMPACT clinics or visit the IMPACT webinar schedule for online clinic dates. Are there any requirements to be an official?
All referees and scorekeepers must be registered members and back ground screened by the region in which they live. Depending on the level of certification and the region, requirements vary. Each RVA sets their own limitations and needs for that area on regional requirements. It is best to check with your region office and official's chair for full listing of same. How do I start a USAV Club?
Youth, junior volleyball or adult - even Beach, you can start a club by contacting your local RVA for its information to register your players and coaching staff. Visit our resources section for more more information about starting a new volleyball club. Questions? Find additional resources on these pages:
New parent to the sport Your membership questions should be directed to your local region office. If they are unable to help, you may contact the USA Volleyball membership services department.