2013 USA Boys’ Future Select National Team Program
Congratulations!! to the twelve Future Select players who have been chosen to participate and compete in the USA FS National Team program. These twelve athletes are the highest-ranked Future Select age group volleyball players in the country from the 2013 USA Boys’ High Performance tryouts.
As a reward, you will be the very youngest players in US High Performance Championships to be held in Fort Lauderdale, July 18th – 28th! And your team may not even win a single match! We are looking for players who will accept and embrace that challenge and recognize that they will become stronger and better players by doing so.
I expect that many years from now, you will look back on this event and consider it to be the most formative part of your development into a great volleyball player.
Program Decision - You are being asked for you and your family to make your decision on participation in this program within the next week. Please contact Collin Powers, Director, USA Volleyball High Performance, for any questions. Below, we hope to provide sufficient information for you and your family to make that decision. Registration information and link is provided below.
Coaching Staff - The coaching staff for this program includes Head Coach Brian Gibboney and Assistant Coach Art Garcia. These two USA coaches have proven themselves over the years to be excellent teachers of the game at all level as well as excellent communicators to players within the younger age groups.
In addition, this FS National Team program will be maintained under the auspices of the Select age group at USA High Performance Championships and Head Select Age Group Coach Ken Shibuya of Stanford University.
Gear and Competition – As part of participation in this program, all athletes receive USA uniforms, shoes and other gear for participation in US High Performance Championships. This competition includes National Teams and Club Teams from other countries and is run as a true International Style Competition, using Olympic FIVB rules and other components of international protocol.
There will be twelve players on this team, and all players will get roughly equal playing time during the tournament, except in critical games when coaches are expected to put their best players on the floor.
Location and Schedule - The Future Select National Team program will be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida this year and players will fly there on July 18th, train for five days and then compete in the US High Performance Championships. Flights home should be scheduled for July 28th (after you received a confirmation to your registration, you can set up your flights for this program, in accordance with the criteria set forth below).
- Online Registration: Click on this link to register Boys’ FSNT
- You will receive a confirmation email via our online registration system 5 minutes after registering for the program online. Upon receiving this email, you are free to book your travel plans. Please submit your travel itinerary based upon whether you are flying or driving (if you are flying one way and driving the other please fill out the ‘flying’ travel itinerary) using the following links:
Flying: http://usavolleyball.allregistrations.com/VolunteerDetail.aspx/2013HPCProgramTravelItineraryFlying (Please only use this if you need a ride from USAV from the airport)
Driving: http://usavolleyball.allregistrations.com/VolunteerDetail.aspx/2013HPCProgramTravelItineraryDriving (This applies if parents will be traveling with their child and driving to and from the airport)
- Cost: $1250 (you can pay with a credit card-cost is $1275 total and includes the credit card charge fee; you can still pay with a check for $1250 by using the promotion code 2013HPC-FDHX to complete your online registration). The $1250 camp fee- includes airport pickup/drop-off, local transportation, room, food during training period, training, facility, competition costs and training gear (we will detail for you in a later update what that gear will include). Athletes will also be responsible for cost of lunch and dinners during the competition (approximately 5 lunches and 4 dinners) – estimated $125 - $175.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2013
- PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR APRIL 1st DEADLINE IS A PRETTY DEFINITE DEADLINE FOR MAKING YOUR DECISION, UNLESS YOU CONTACT COLLIN POWERS AND RECEIVE AN EXTENSION FOR MAKING THAT DECISION. WE WILL BEGIN SLOTTING IN ALTERNATE PLAYERS AFTER APRIL 1st IN ORDER TO GIVE THOSE FAMILIES SUFFICIENT TIME TO PLAN FOR THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM.
- Payment Deadline: April 15, 2013 (for checks received to USAV office).
- This year you can pay online using a credit card to complete your registration. If you choose this option the total cost is $1280. You can still pay with a check for $1250. To complete registration using the pay with check option you will need to put in the promotion code 2013HPC-FDHX. Once you receive the confirmation email, please mail a $1,250 check payable to USAV to the address below. Please put the athlete’s name and BFSNT in the bottom, left-hand corner of the check.
- USA Volleyball
Attn: High Performance BFSNT Program
4065 Sinton Rd. Ste 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Please contact Collin Powers in the HP Dept. if you need to set up a payment plan. With a payment plan, you can send checks in using three monthly installments.
- After April 1st (registration deadline) or April 15th (payment deadline) we will begin slotting alternates into the program.
- Once you receive confirmation of your registration, you can book your son’s flight to and from Fort Lauderdale (FLL Airport Code). Or you may drive him there.
- For flights, please schedule his flight into Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on July 18th in the preferred window of 11:00a – 2:30p arrival time. You might have difficulties meeting that arrival time from the West Coast. Please do what you can to not go past 3:00p arrival time into FLL on the 18th.
- If you schedule him arriving earlier than 10:00a into FLL, staff may or may not be there to greet him upon his arrival.
- If you book his arrival for later than 3:00p, we will do our best to make it work, but he might miss a team meeting or have to rush eating dinner.
- For departure from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) on July 28th, please schedule his departure in the 9:00a – 1:00p range.
- Please contact Collin Powers about any variances in arrival or departure.
- Don’t forget to turn in your travel itineraries at the above links.
- Rosters will be posted on the USAV HP website 2-3 weeks after registration closes.
- We will send out additional information on the training site, what to bring, how we will meet you at the airport, etc. closer to the actual start of the program.
- These emails will go out in the coming weeks.
- Parents are welcomed and encouraged to come and watch the USA Volleyball High Performance Championships.
- Parents are on their own, though they will have complete information on where the players are playing, etc. for booking their travel arrangements.
- For athletes, we do local airport pickup to the designated airport (Airport: FLL).
- The $1250 covers all training costs, lodging, food during the training period, beds, etc.
- Athletes will also be responsible for cost of lunch and dinners during the US High Performance competition – estimated $125 - $175.
- The gear that athletes will receive will be detailed later.
For questions, please contact:
Collin Powers, Director
USA Volleyball High Performance National Programs
4065 Sinton Rd. Ste 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80907