2013 USA Boys’ Future Select A1 Program
Congratulations!! to the forty-three Future Select players who have been chosen to participate in the USA FS A1 program. These athletes are the highest-ranked Future Select age group volleyball players in the country behind the twelve players selected for the 2013 USA Boys’ Future Select National Team.
This will be a spectacular program, to be held July 17th – 21st on the grounds of the USA Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The CO Springs OTC has been the training ground for many, many USA Olympians who have earned Gold, Silver and Bronze Olympic medals.
Just as importantly, the Olympic Training Center is a very safe, enclosed complex with excellent training facilities (and excellent food!). This is a wonderful location for a young player to gather inspiration and to begin his journey to his own greatness.
Program Decision - You are being asked for you and your family to make your decision on participation in this program within the next two weeks. Please contact Collin Powers, Director, USA Volleyball High Performance, for any questions. Below, we hope to provide sufficient information for you and your family to make that decision. Registration information and link is provided below.
Coaching Staff - The coaching staff for this program includes great coaches, including coaches who have experience in the both the men’s side and women’s side of high-level volleyball. We find this mix of the men’s/women’s game to be the best mix for teaching techniques and fundamentals to young volleyball players. Head Coach Chris Kosty is former assistant coach at the University of Indiana Women’s Team; Associate Head Coach Patrick Eaton of Balboa Bay Volleyball Club is one of the best coaches of young players in the country; and Assistant Coach Byron Goff, Founder and Director of Westlake Volleyball Club brings a rich playing, coaching and teaching experience to this program. Two other coaches are currently being finalized.
Gear and Athlete Evaluations – As part of participation in this program, all athletes receive USA gear and USA Athlete Evaluations.
Location and Schedule - The Future Select A1 program will be held in Colorado Springs, Colorado this year and players will fly there on July 17th and train for five days on the grounds (housing, food and training) on the grounds of the USA Olympic Training Center Flights home should be scheduled for July 21st (after you receive a confirmation to your registration, you can set up your flights for this program, in accordance with the criteria set forth below).
- Online Registration: Click on this link to register Boys’ FSA1
- You will receive a confirmation email via our online registration system 5 minutes after registering for the program online. Upon receiving this email, you are free to book your travel plans. Please submit your travel itinerary based upon whether you are flying or driving (if you are flying one way and driving the other please fill out the ‘flying’ travel itinerary) using the following links:
Flying: http://usavolleyball.allregistrations.com/VolunteerDetail.aspx/2013HPCProgramTravelItineraryFlying (If you need a ride to and from the airport)
Driving: http://usavolleyball.allregistrations.com/VolunteerDetail.aspx/2013HPCProgramTravelItineraryDriving (This applies if parents are traveling with their child and will be driving them to and from the airport)
- Cost: $650 (you pay with a credit card during online registration process). The $650 camp fee- includes airport pickup/drop-off, local transportation, room, food during training period, training, facility, and training gear (we will detail for you in a later update what that gear will include).
- Registration Deadline: Monday, April 8, 2013
- PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR APRIL 8th DEADLINE IS A PRETTY DEFINITE DEADLINE FOR MAKING YOUR DECISION, UNLESS YOU CONTACT COLLIN POWERS AND RECEIVE AN EXTENSION FOR MAKING THAT DECISION. WE WILL BEGIN SLOTTING IN ALTERNATE PLAYERS AFTER APRIL 8th IN ORDER TO GIVE THOSE FAMILIES SUFFICIENT TIME TO PLAN FOR THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM.
- Please contact Collin Powers in the HP Dept. if you need to set up a payment plan. PLEASE DO THAT IMMEDIATELY. With a payment plan, we will send you a code where you can register using a first $200 payment. You can send in checks in using two further monthly installments.
- After April 8th (registration deadline) we will begin slotting alternates into the program.
- Once you receive confirmation of your registration, you can book your son’s flight to and from Colorado Springs (COS Airport Code). Or you may drive him there.
- For flights, please schedule his flight into Colorado Springs (COS) on July 17th in the preferred window of 11:00a – 2:30p arrival time. If you have trouble meeting that window, please do what you can to not go past 3:00p arrival time into COS on the 17th.
- If you schedule him arriving earlier than 10:00a into COS, staff may or may not be there to greet him upon his arrival.
- If you book his arrival for later than 3:00p into COS, we will do our best to make it work, but he might miss a team meeting or have to rush eating dinner.
- For departure from Colorado Springs (COS) on July 21st, please schedule his departure in the 1:30p – 4:00p range.
- Please contact Collin Powers about any variances in arrival or departure.
- Don’t forget to turn in your travel itineraries at the above links.
- Fifty-one athletes have been selected to participate on the USA 2013 Boys’ Future Select A1 Program (that includes 43 athletes here and 8 alternates to the Future Select National Team, who may or may not get slotted up to that program).
- There are 40 slots available for this program, so we are over-inviting by 11 slots.
- Parents can either travel with their sons to Colorado Springs and enjoy a vacation here while observing practices at the OTC; or they can fly their son solo and we will meet them directly outside of security at the Colorado Springs airport.
- The cost of this program is $650, plus the cost of transporting (driving or flying) the player to Colorado Springs, Colorado (airport code COS). We use an online registration process for the FSHP program, and the $650 is payable with credit card through that registration. Families will handle setting up their son’s travel to Colorado Springs.
- We ask that you not book flights until you have gone through the registration process and your registration is confirmed.
- At that time, you can book your son’s flight to/from COS using the arrival window above. Again, parents and family are welcome and invited to travel to Colorado Springs to observe all training sessions.
- Rosters will be posted on the USAV HP website 2-3 weeks after registration closes.
- We will send out additional information on the training site, what to bring, how we will meet you at the airport, etc. closer to the actual start of the program.
- These emails will go out in the coming weeks.
- Parents are welcomed and encouraged to come and watch their sons train at the OTC.
- Parents are on their own, though they will have complete information on the camp training schedule, etc.
- For athletes, we do local airport pickup to the designated airport (Airport: COS).
- The $650 covers all training costs, lodging, food during the training period, beds, etc.
- The gear that athletes will receive will be detailed later.
For questions, please contact:
Collin Powers, Director
USA Volleyball High Performance National Programs
4065 Sinton Rd. Ste 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80907