2013 USA Boys’ Youth National A2 Invitational Team Program (BYA2 Invitational)
Introduction to the BYA2 Program
“I am very excited to be able to play a part in USA Volleyball’s High Performance Program, in helping to develop future champions. Being able to train and compete in Colorado Springs with the youth A2 program will be a tremendous experience for the athletes and coaches.”’
These are the words of Grand Canyon University men’s volleyball head coach, Jeremy Price who will serve as the inaugural head coach of the BYA2 program.
At the international level of volleyball, one of the most prestigious awards given out at World Championships and other competitions is the High Point Scorer award. While in the United States, coaches usually look to side-out percentages and attack percentages, in the highly-athletic international arena, the main determinant of success is often simply having the highest point scorers on your team – the attackers who can terminate, the setters who can run the offense from anywhere on the court and the liberos who can handle the toughest floater and the fastest jump serve.
This is the approach and philosophy of the USA High Performance A2 program.
Purpose and Approach
This new A2 program is designed to give more of the country’s top players the opportunity to work with our top HP coaches at a competitive level. Competition drives training, and this program will have plenty of both. Built in a mold similar to the High Performance Championships, the seven day Youth National A2 Invitational Team Program will provide a tournament atmosphere as well as training from the top collegiate and HP coaches in the country.
The unique component to this program will be the tournament atmosphere that only the HPCs will match. With an allotment of USA gear, planned officials and two days’ worth of tournament style play; this will be a program that you will ABSOLUTELY want to be a part of.
If you are on a regional team heading into HPCs, this program is a perfect way to get your game ready for Ft. Lauderdale.
The goals are to learn, incorporate, improve and adapt. As a member of the A2 program, your goal will be to be among the very best players in the program, showing that you should be fighting for a spot on the Junior National Team Next year.
When: July 12th-July18th
Where: Colorado Springs, CO
Head Coach: Jeremy Price, Head men’s coach- Grand Canyon University
Assistant Coach: Ryan Perrotte, assistant men’s coach-IPFW
Assistant Coach: Matt McCarthy, assistant men's coach-Lewis University
In order to confirm you acceptance into the USA Boys’ Youth National High A2 Invitational Team program, you will need to register online at the following link.
- You will receive a confirmation email via our online registration system 5 minutes after registering for the program online. Upon receiving this email, you are free to book your travel plans. Please submit your travel itinerary based upon whether you are flying or driving (if you are flying one way and driving the other please fill out the ‘flying’ travel itinerary) using the following links:
Flying: 2013 Boys Summer Travel Itinerary (Flying) (If you need a ride to and from the airport)
Driving: 2013 Boys Summer Travel Itinerary (Driving) (Applies if parents will be traveling with their child and will be driving them to and from the airport)
- Cost: $925 - includes airport pickup/drop-off, local transportation, room, food, training, facility and three training t-shirts (we will detail this in a later update)
- Registration and payment deadline: April 8th, 2013
- PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR April 8th DEADLINE IS A PRETTY DEFINITE DEADLINE FOR MAKING YOUR DECISION, UNLESS YOU CONTACT COLLIN POWERS AND RECEIVE AN EXTENSION FOR MAKING THAT DECISION. WE WILL BEGIN SLOTTING IN ALTERNATE PLAYERS AFTER April 8th N ORDER TO GIVE THOSE FAMILIES SUFFICIENT TIME TO PLAN FOR THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM.
- Please contact Collin Powers or Brandon Dyett in the HP Dept. if you need to set up a payment plan.
- After April 8th, we will begin slotting alternates into the program.
- If you would like to look at flight availability prior to making your camp-participation decision,
For Colorado Springs, CO A2 Camp, players who fly to the camp will fly into Colorado Springs Airport (COS airport code). Once you receive a confirmation from your registration, you may book your flight into COS with scheduled arrival between approximately 10:30a – 2:30p on July 12TH. Please schedule athlete departure from COS after 2:00p on July 18th.
For questions, please contact:
Brandon Dyett, Coordinator
High Performance National Programs
4065 Sinton Dr, Ste 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80907