2014 HP Programs
Please click the links to the left for the specific programs available for your age group.
Girls HP Program Levels
USA Volleyball High Performance offers an extensive tiered system of training and competition programs for high performing athletes of all ages. Placement into programs is determined by the tryout evaluations from all of the more than fifty boys’ and girls’ HP Tryouts held across the country. In 2013 more than 1500 athletes participated in a level of USAV High Performance Programming.
High Performance Programs are unique and comprehensive, and the HP Athlete Pipeline is a special thing of which to be a part. Here are just some of the reasons why:
High Performance National Team Training Model
U.S. Anti-Doping Agency TrueSport Program
- HP Training is based directly on the systems and techniques used by our U.S. National Teams created by Head Coaches Karch Kiraly and John Speraw.
- HP training sessions are focused on high-level volleyball principles that prepare athletes for competition at the international level.
- Drills and games utilized at HP Programs are modeled directly from the daily training sessions of our U.S. National Teams.
- While the length of program differs by program level, the HP Program Plan and Training Model is identical for each program, geared towards the skill level and age of the players at each program.
High Performance Athlete Pipeline
- HP Programs are certified by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency’s (USADA) TrueSport Program.
- TrueSport is a movement that seeks to ensure a positive youth sport experience by imparting lessons of three Pillars: Clean Sport, Sportsmanship, and Peak Performance.
- HP Programs offer classroom sessions and supplemental instruction covering all three of the above Pillars, inclusive of Nutrition, Hydration, Goal-Setting, Preparation to Play, Fair Play, Teamwork, Leadership, Bullying Prevention, Decision Making, Energy Drinks, Dietary Supplements, and Performance-Enhancing Drugs (PEDs). Click the link above for more information.
- DID YOU KNOW that ALL of the athletes on the 2008 and almost ALL of the athletes on the 2012 U.S. Men’s and Women’s Olympic rosters participated in the USA Volleyball High Performance Program as junior players?*
- USAV High Performance tracks the progress and development of Pipeline Athletes throughout their volleyball careers.
- HP Programs offer a comprehensive evaluation to athletes following the completion of the program, allowing players to monitor their current level of play and identify the areas of necessary growth and training throughout the year.
- Through evaluation, placement, training, and re-evaluation each year, USAV HP is able to identify high-potential athletes for advancement consideration, working to discover the Olympians of tomorrow.
*Olympic Team members who were of junior age when USAV HP’s current model was implemented.High Performance Coaches
High Performance Teammates
- All HP Programs offer an 8:1 athlete to coach ratio and most are closer to 6:1.
- HP Coaches are evaluated, selected, and trained by USA Volleyball in a process similar to HP Athletes.
- HP Coaches are professional coaches, not student-athletes like one finds at most collegiate camps.
- HP Coaches are trained in USA Volleyball National Team Training Model, teaching the techniques and systems utilized by our U.S. National and Olympic Teams lead by head coaches Karch Kiraly and John Speraw.
High Performance Program Locations
- HP Athletes are invited to programs based on their tryout evaluation. This means that comparably-skilled players are invited to each HP Program, providing the optimal environment for learning.
- HP Athletes come from all parts of the country, offering opportunities for diverse new friendships with potential future college teammates and opponents.
- Almost all of the top volleyball recruits in the country are involved with HP Programs. HP Athletes are motivated, focused, and driven to be the best players in the world.
High Performance Recognition
- USA National A3 Training Programs and National Skills Programs are offered at multiple locations, allowing athletes and their families the opportunity to select the site that most appeals to them. Many athletes pair the program with a family vacation, visit of a relative, or college visit.
- USA National A2 Invitational Team Programs and Programs at the U.S. High Performance Championships (USA A1 National Training Team Programs and Continental Team Programs) are offered in one location that rotates each year.
- Host sites (usually college campuses) provide identical volleyball curriculum as other sites at that level, but with a unique program location and experience.
- Collegiate coaches are familiar with USAV HP Programs and recognize that selections are based on non-biased, national-level evaluation.
- HP Programs are perfect to include on an HP Player’s athletic resume and college applications.
- Training with USA Volleyball is an honor, and connects athletes to our U.S. Olympic Teams and players.
This is your opportunity to make Olympic dreams a reality!