Conover Selected to USAV Board
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (May 16, 2014) - Jeff Conover, former coach of the Olympic silver medalist duo of Jen Kessy and April Ross, has been selected to serve on the USA Volleyball Board of Directors.
“It is my pleasure to confirm that Jeff Conover will be joining the USAV Board of Directors as the Beach Development Director effective with the May meetings,” USAV Board Chair Adam Rymer said. Conover's term is through June 2016.
In 2013, Conover served as the Director of Sport and Competition for the AVP Pro Beach Tour.
Conover brings a wealth of leadership and experience within the beach development community. He served as the head coach of the USAV Elite Development Program in 2012-2013, USAV Beach National Team training coach from 2007-2013 and was a longtime club coach in Southern California from 2001-2011.
- Over 10 years of coaching junior, collegiate and professional level players
- Over five years of coaching many of the current USA Beach National Team members
- Assisted in establishing the USAV Beach Elite Development Program
- Interacts with various stakeholders within the beach community, including athletes, coaches, officials and event operators
- Setter and team captain at Cal State University at Northridge, 2004-2005