Junior Beach Tour Opens in SoCal
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (April 8, 2014) – The 2014 USAV Junior Beach Tour started April 5-6 with the SoCal Open at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif.
Forty-seven teams competed in the 12-and under, 14U, 16U and 18U divisions. A record 14 of the 47 teams were from Texas, all representing the 692 Beach Volleyball Club.
- Like USAV on Facebook
- Follow USAV on Twitter
- Contact: B.J. Hoeptner Evans
Other states represented were Iowa, Illinois, Nevada, Washington and California, which had the highest number of teams. The 692 Beach Volleyball Club from San Diego had 12 teams competing.
The top three finishers in each division qualified for the USAV Junior Beach Tour National Championships on July 25-27 in Milwaukee, Wis.
To view full results, click here.
To follow the 2014 Junior Beach Tour on social media: #USAVjbt
2014 SoCal Open
April 5-6 in Chula Vista, Calif.
Top three finishers per division
1. Ka’iwi Schucht (San Diego)/Hi’ilawe Huddleston (Escondido, Calif.)
2. Anna Chin (Irvine, Calif.)/Grace Campbell (Manhattan Beach, Calif.)
3. Hailey Devlin (San Diego)/Emily Krogman (San Diego)
1. Jordan Lackey (Southlake, Texas)/Ashley Robert (McKinney, Texas)
2. Josie Herbst (Davenport, Iowa)/Brooke Burling (Naperville, Ill.)
3. Presley Forbes (Manhattan Beach)/Avery Hazelrigg (Hermosa Beach, Calif.)
1. Kelly Dorn (Trophy Club, Texas)/Natalie Bennett (Dallas, Texas)
2. Haley Gibson (San Diego)/Cameron Wilkie (San Diego)
3. Charlie Ekstrom (San Diego)/Macall Peed (San Diego)
1. Calista Wright (Westlake Village, Calif.)/Mari Wright (Westlake Village)
2. Tia Allen (Clayton, Wash.)/Teila Allen (Clayton)
3. Madison Bogle (Chula Vista)/Jackie Wylie (San Diego)