Good Defense Against Identity Theft
Good Defense Against Identity Theft
Brought to you by the Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsible Sports program
As a youth sports coach or administrator, you’re quite well-known and respected in your community. And not only do a lot of people know your name, but it’s listed and displayed in many public places.
While this makes you a pillar of the community and somewhat of a local celebrity, it can also put you at increased risk for identity theft.
Liberty Mutual Insurance understands just how hard you’ve worked to build up your good name. And how important it is to never lose it.
We’re devoted to helping people live safer, more secure lives and understand that, when it comes to responsibility, there’s no substitute for the real thing.
There’s Only One You
Nobody else can do all the things you do quite like you.
On days when it seems like there’s just not enough hours to work with, you might wish that more than one of you existed – but not if it involved identity theft.
Aided by the acceleration in technology, communication and open information exchange, identity theft (also known as identity fraud) has become an increasingly common crime in modern-day America.
In fact, a recent study found that the number of identity theft victims exceeded 8.1 million in 2010 – nearly 3.5% of the U.S. adult population – with a new person falling victim to identity theft every three seconds. According to the same study, restoring your identity can require hundreds of hours and cost $631 annually per fraud victim.
We’ve Got Your Back
Don’t worry. Liberty Mutual Insurance has got you covered.
By adding our optional Identity Fraud Expense Coverage to your Liberty Mutual Insurance Home policy, you will not only be reimbursed for certain expenses, but also receive invaluable personal assistance, should you become a victim of identity theft.*
Identity Theft Counselor
Our dedicated Identity Fraud Crisis Resolution Center can even assign you a counselor advocate to guide you throughout the at-times confusing identity restoration process. This personalized assistance can help save you time and money and avoid further aggravation. Working closely with someone who understands the issues and challenges identity theft presents can provide you with knowledge and peace of mind during a tough time.
Your Identity Theft Counselor will:
- Serve as a liaison between victim, creditors, and relevant agencies to review accounts and make corrections.
- Provide immediate notification to the three national credit bureaus (TransUnion, Equifax and Experian).
- Obtain a 3-in-1 credit report from the three bureaus for the affected customer.
- Provide a year of credit monitoring from the date of the first report to help prevent further losses.
Like any good defense, our protection runs deep.
How deep? Our Identity Fraud Expense Coverage will provide coverage up to $15,000 per occurrence and $30,000 per policy period for the following expenses:
- Approved reasonable attorney fees. Identity theft victims may spend thousands of dollars on attorney fees while working to restore their good name.
- Employer-documented lost wages for work time lost meeting with attorneys, law officials and others concerning your claim (up to a maximum of $500 per week for 4 weeks)
- Loan application fees when reapplying for a loan that was rejected due to identity fraud
- Costs for notarizing the appropriate official documents.
- Costs for certified mail to appropriate law enforcement agencies, financial institutions, etc.
- Related long-distance phone calls to merchants, law enforcement agencies, creditors, etc.
Best of all, this coverage can be added to your Liberty Mutual Insurance Home policy for $35 or less per year (price may vary by state, and coverage is not available in North Carolina). It’s a small price to pay for a huge piece of financial security.
It’s Like a Prevent Defense.
Whether or not you elect to add our Identity Fraud Expense Coverage to your existing or new Liberty Mutual Insurance Home policy, there are several steps you can take to effectively guard against identity theft today. The following tips on managing your personal information wisely can help best protect you and your family right now:
- Don’t share your personal information over the phone during an unsolicited call. Ask the caller to send you information in writing before disclosure.
- When online, be careful not to supply personal information to a non-reputable company or suspicious website. You can verify the integrity of a site through the Better Business Bureau at bbbonling.org. The site also has helpful tips about shopping online.
- Beware of e-mail solicitations that appear to be associated with legitimate businesses, financial institutions or government agencies requesting personal information such as your Social Security number, bank or credit card numbers or personal identification numbers. You should never give out financial information online unless you initiated the contact and know the party with whom you are dealing.
- Shred all your important documents. Identity thieves have been known to dig through trash to retrieve copies of your checks, credit card and bank statements, mail and other personal records.
- Do not carry your Social Security card, birth certificate or passport on your person unless absolutely necessary.
- Monitor your bank records and credit reports often. Identity theft can go on for years before it’s noticed, so check your credit report at least once a year. Your bank statements should be checked each month.
Make the Call
To learn more and get a free, no-obligation quote today, talk to one of our sales representatives in your community or call us toll-free at 888-712-2166. You can also visit us online at LibertyMutal.com or ResponsibleSports.com.
The descriptions of coverages and benefits are necessarily brief and are subject to policy provisions, limits, deductibles, and exclusions that can only be expressed in the policy itself. Coverages and programs vary by state and are not available in all states. For a complete explanation of coverages, please consult one of our sales representatives or call 888-712-2166.
*Optional coverage. Subject to applicable deductible, limitations and exclusions. Not available in North Carolina.
Coverage underwritten and provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116.
©2013 Liberty Mutual Insurance.