The USA Volleyball Nominating and Governance Chair (NGC) is currently accepting nomination and self-nomination applications for the Independent Director position on the Board of Directors.
Application [WORD DOC] | Background Consent Form [WORD DOC] [PDF]
Per USAV bylaws, each candidate will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of the United States; and not affiliated with any national volleyball federation other than USAV;
- Be at least eighteen years of age;
- Be judged, qualified and appropriate for the particular Board position based on but not necessarily limited to:
- Possessing good character; and
- Possessing appropriate communication and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to the principles and policies of the Corporation and serving the best interests of the Corporation and the sport regardless of the constituency which (s)elects the Board Member.
The selected Independent Director will serve a four-year term beginning July 1, 2014 and ending June 30, 2018. A candidate to represent an Independent Director should meet or exceed the following criteria:
- No material relationship with the Corporation for a minimum of at least the past two (2) years and shall meet the other criteria of independence as specified in Article 5.10 of the Corporation’s bylaws;
- Capable of contributing to advancing the best interest of the Corporation and the sport;
- Bring special skills or associations to the Board of Directors.
Qualified applicants are urged to submit a completed nomination form, cover letter, resume, Consent and Waiver Release form (linked above) and contact information for three (3) references to: email@example.com no later than March 15, 2014.
Should you require additional information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org