- USA Teams
U.S. Women Experience the Japanese Culture
SENDAI, Japan (Aug. 14, 2013) - The U.S. Women's National Volleyball Team is in Sendai, Japan, preparing to compete in this weekend's Pool M of the FIVB World Grand Prix with Czech Republic (Aug. 16), host Japan (Aug. 17) and Bulgaria (Aug. 18).
Prior to competition, Team USA had an opportunity to get outside the hotel for dinner on Wednesday evening and enjoy authentic Japanese cuisine, specifically shabu shabu. During the evening, U.S. middle blocker Lauren Gibbemeyer (St. Paul, Minn.) discussed having played professional volleyball in Japan, what it is like to play in Japan, the host country's fans and the local cuisine. Watch the video below.
- Tough Pool Awaits U.S. Women as it Controls Own World Grand Prix Destiny Aug. 13, 2013
- U.S. Women Edge Host Serbia in Five Aug. 11, 2013
- U.S. Women Block Netherlands at Grand Prix Aug. 10, 2013
- U.S. Women Sweep Algeria at Grand Prix Aug. 09, 2013
- U.S. Women National Team Visits Serbian Orphanage Aug. 08, 2013
- U.S. Women Head to Serbia 2-1 in FIVB World Grand Prix Aug. 06, 2013
- U.S. Women's Streak Snapped by Brazil Aug. 04, 2013
- Hildebrand Gets Unique Opportunity with USA-Brazil Rivalry Aug. 03, 2013
- Young Players Lead U.S. Women Past Poland Aug. 03, 2013
- U.S. Women Defeat Russia to Open World Grand Prix Aug. 02, 2013
More Stories ›