The USA Volleyball Nominating & Governance Committee (NGC) is currently accepting nomination and self-nomination applications to fill three (3) positions on the Board of Directors representing the following positions:
- Independent Director (currently held by Bill Barnum who’s term ends June 30, 2013 and is eligible for re-election)
- Indoor High Performance Director (currently held by Ted Leland who’s term ends June 30, 2013 and is not eligible for re-election)
- Coach Director (currently held by Kathy DeBoer who’s term ends June 30, 2013 and is eligible for re-election)
Per USAV bylaws, each candidate will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of the United States; and not affiliated with any national volleyball federation other than USAV;
- Be at least eighteen years of age;
- Be judged, qualified and appropriate for the particular Board position based on but not necessarily limited to:
Be committed to the principles and policies of the Corporation and serving the best interests of the Corporation and the sport regardless of the constituency which (s)elects the Board Member.
- Possessing good character; and
- Possessing appropriate communication and interpersonal skills
Independent Director: The selected Independent Director will serve a four-year term beginning July 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2017. A candidate to represent an Independent Director should meet or exceed the following criteria:
- No material relationship with the Corporation for a minimum of at least the past two (2) years and shall meet the other criteria of independence as specified in Article 5.10 of the Corporation’s bylaws;
- Capable of contributing to advancing the best interest of the Corporation and the sport;
- Bring special skills or associations to the Board of Directors.
Indoor High Performance Director: The Corporation-recognized high performance organization is currently the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”). The selected Indoor High Performance Director will serve a four-year term beginning July 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2017. A candidate to represent the Indoor High Performance Director should meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Recent leadership role with a collegiate institution (e.g. athletic director, conference/ college administrator, senior staff), committee, program or activity (volleyball-specific experience preferred but not required);
- Appropriate experience (e.g. international representation, high performance program management and/or development) to adequately represent indoor volleyball high performance programs and development;
- Demonstrate a significant degree of involvement with a broad spectrum of sport administration, programming or development (volleyball experience preferred but not required).
Coach Director: The Corporation-recognized national coaching organization is currently the American Volleyball Coaches Association (“AVCA”). The selected Coach Director will serve a four-year term beginning July 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2017. A candidate to represent the Coach Director should meet or exceed the following criteria:
Recent leadership role in the volleyball coaching profession, coaching administration, coach development and/or volleyball coach training and education;
Experience with international volleyball coaching and/or high performance development is preferred.
Qualified applicants are urged to submit a completed nomination form, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1, 2013.
Should you require additional information please contact: email@example.com
Download Director Nomination Form