FIVB Job Opportunity - Press Department
Press Department Editorial Assistant
She/he will perform his/her duties in Lausanne at the FIVB Headquarters reporting to the Director of the departmentJOB DESCRIPTION
- Answering to and taking instructions from the Press Officer, the editorial assistant is to take on the duty of researching and generating news for the FIVB website, the World Volley News newsletter and for any FIVB publications, programs, media guides etc. that may be necessary.
- He/she is to also assist as instructed in editing incoming news from FIVB correspondents, such as confederation press officers and their regional contacts, as well as being proactive in suggesting and following up on story ideas that might help to promote the FIVB and its competitions.
- Together with the department secretary, he/she is to monitor the combined calendar in order to alert confederation press officers about upcoming events, and to remind them of what is required.
- To form good working relationships with the FIVB confederation press officers and to encourage them to submit material for the FIVB website and publications.
- To work with the Press Officer to plan content for monthly World Volley News, bimonthly VolleyWorld and to coordinate with secretary to allocate news assignments, follow up and edit that incoming material.
- Regarding event coverage monitored from FIVB headquarters, to assist in the planning of coverage, drawing up checklists of required material, activating the necessary contacts to glean information for previews, match coverage, wrap-ups, feature packages etc.
- To assist the Press Officer in producing press releases as required.
- English mother tongue
- Perfect skills of French language (Spanish or Italian a plus)
- Possibly having made already a working experience of a few years abroad
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, update of website
- Knowledge of sport events organization and Volleyball
- Excellent communication abilities with persons of different countries
To apply for this position, please send a complete resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications' deadline is April 6, 2009
This job announcement, along with other FIVB job openings, can be found online by clicking here.
About the FIVB
The FIVB is the governing body responsible for all forms of Volleyball on a global level. Working closely with National Federations and private enterprises the FIVB promotes Volleyball competitions and development activities as entertainment and promotional factors for the enjoyment of spectators and participants while satisfying sponsors' needs.