CAP II National Onsite Courses
Schedule: Onsite courses are scheduled periodically. Check the USAV Coaching Education Event Schedule for the next available on-site CAP II course!
Instructors: Varied. Onsite courses are instructed live. All USAV Cadre instructors are CAP III certified, background screened, current USAV members, and have years of coaching experience from high school to collegiate to the USA national team!
Course Length: Two full days, typically a Saturday and Sunday. Day 1 includes 10 hours of core course instruction; Day 2 is 4-6 elective module topics in 1-1.5 hour long sessions. Approximately 15 - 18 hours total in a two-day classroom and on court presentation format. Additionally, the post-course final exam must be taken online and passed within 45 days of course, and CAP II participants are required to complete a 1000-word article for certification and potential publication.Cost: Varied. Price range below is subject to change based on specific course options. This is a guideline only. All registration prices below reflect the early registration pricing. Cost will increase with regular and late registrations.
Starting January 1, 2016:
- $340 for Early Registration- Member of USAV and American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA)
- $355 for Early Registration- Member of USAV only
- $380 for Early Registration- Member of AVCA only *Includes a $25 Background Screening fee
- $405 for Early Registration- Non-member only *Includes a $25 Background Screening fee
Course Exam and Certification Requirements: After attending the course, coaches will receive online access to complete the CAP Level II course exam. Coaches must take and pass the exam with a 90% or better within 45 days of receiving online access. Certification requirements include submission of the following:
|1. CAP II Coach's Favorite Drill Form||2. Background Screening Form (not applicable if coach is current)|
|3. CAP II Article Cover Page||4. CAP II Article Permission to Publish Form|
|5. CAP II 1000-Word Article Guidelines||6. CAP II Requirements Checklist (personal use only)|
|Prior to registering for a CAP III course, CAP II coaches must have coached at least one season at their current certification level.|
Course final exam will be available to access within 1-2 weeks after the course. You must achieve a score of 90% or better. You will receive user name and password log-in instructions via email after completing the course registration. Course exam access will expire 45 days from the date the coach is granted online access to the exam. If a coach does not complete his/her exam and pass with a 90% or better by the expiration date, there will be an additional $10 fee charged to reopen the exam after the 45-day window has closed.
Materials included: Downloadable course documents include Coach's Favorite Drill, CAP II Article Cover page, CAP II Article Permission to Publish page, and CAP II Article Guidelines. Please note: All coaches must have a signed USAV Coaches' Code of Ethics and current USAV Background Screening on file in the USAV national database in order to receive the CAP II certification.
- CAP II Textbook, Volleyball Coach’s Survival Guide by Sue Gozansky
- CAP II Supplemental Handout, includes updated course and health/safety info and other valuable resources
- Additional materials include CAP II drawstring bag, T-shirt, pen, and various other goodies!
Certification Expiration and Re-certification: After attending a CAP II course, coaches have 12 months to finish the requirements and achieve their certification.
Certification is valid for four years and will expire on a coach’s certification date four years later. Prior to your course certification expiration date, coaches may re-certify
in the following methods. Click here for specific recertification information.
- Attend another full CAP II onsite course
- Attend Day 1 (core sessions) at an onsite CAP II course
- Attend Day 2 (5-6 module sessions) at an onsite CAP II course
- Attend 5 other approved onsite CAP II recert modules (CAP Module Clinic, another coaching ed clinic)
- Attend 5 other approved online CAP II recert modules (Click here for a list of approved online modules.)
- Attend a CAP III course and become CAP III certified by completing all requirements within 12 months
- Attend an IMPACT Instructor Training course for 3 module credits
- Teach up to 3 Regional Onsite IMPACT Clinics per quad (4 years)
|Click the following link to register for this course or view upcoming USAV Coaching Education Events.
Coaching Education Events Schedule