- Indoor Courses
- Beach Courses
- CAP Coaches' Recognition Program
- Coaching Education Events Schedule
- CAP Recertification
- Hosting a CAP Course
- Coaching Education HelpDesk
- Education FAQ
- What Are Coaches Saying
- Past Recognition Programs
- 2015 AVCA CAP Course Info
USA Volleyball Coaching Education FAQ
I have taken the IMPACT clinic but I cannot find my certificate, what happens now?
The national office does not re-issue IMPACT certificates. To get credit for IMPACT towards your CAP certification you will need to have your region contact the national office directly with your IMPACT information. If the region office does not have your IMPACT information, you will have to re-take the course. If you took the course online with the National Office, please contact email@example.com with a date of when you took the IMPACT.
I am looking for information on upcoming IMPACT clinics. Where can I find this information?
The national office offers IMPACT clinics in conjunction with CAP courses. Other options to take IMPACT/SafeSport are available. Please click here to see those options. All of our upcoming courses are listed on the schedule page. The regions of USA Volleyball also offer IMPACT clinics throughout the year. To find more information on your region please click here.
CAP COURSES FAQs:
When will a CAP course be schedule in my area?
All of our upcoming CAP courses will be listed on our schedule page. If you cannot find a course in your area please keep checking the schedule page for updates. If you are interested in hosting a course please visit this website by clicking here.
There have not been any CAP courses in my area that I was aware of and I cannot afford to travel out of state to take one. Is there something I can do to extend my CAP certification?
Yes. You need to continue to check the schedule page for CAP courses in your area. You may also attend Online CAP modules that have been approved by USAV to re-certify you current CAP status. Please reference the next two FAQ questions about modules that can by applied toward your CAP certification.
I just noticed that my CAP I certification will expire soon and I want to know what to do.
You need to attend or submit proof of attending the required number of CAP modules in order to re-certify. You can also attend another CAP course of the same level or move up to the next level. Listed below are the re-newal requirements:
Level I re-newal: take 4 approved Modules or attend another USAV CAP Course in 4 years
Level II re-newal: take 5 approved Modules in 4 years or attend another USAV CAP Course
Level III re-newal: take 6 approved Modules or attend another USAV CAP National Seminar in 4 years
CERTIFICATION AND RE-CERTIFICATION FAQs:
Where else can I get Modules done that I can apply to my initial CAP certification or to a subsequent re-certification?
- ASEP on-line courses
- AVCA Convention
- Approved Outside Coaching Clinics licensed to offer CAP Modules
- Any CAP Course (Day 2)
- Any stand-alone USAV-CAP Modules Course
- USAV High Performance Clinics (offering licensed Modules)
Are there any modules on-line that I can take?
Yes. To view available modules and see what is offered, click here.
One of my CAP II modules went to finish off my CAP I home equivalency. Should I be receiving a certificate saying that I completed the CAP I?
Yes, but you will need an additional module to complete your CAP II. See certification requirements: http://www.usavolleyball.org/Education/programs.asp. Please allow up to one month to receive your certificate.
I just realized I missed the allotted time to take my coursework and/or exam through the testing site, What do I do now?
Please submit a help desk ticket at ondemandhelp.usav.org with information on the date and location of your course. Please specify whether it was IMPACT or CAP and the issue. Depending on what the situation is, you may be required to pay a re-testing fee before receiving additional access to the test.
I was unable to complete my certification requirements within the one year's time from my CAP course. Do I have to re-take the course?
Not always, but you will have to pay an increasing penalty in order to complete the certification requirements:
- If certification requirements are completed within 12 months of the initial course date, no penalty occurs.
- After 12 months past the course date, the participant may still complete their certification with a late charge of $50
- After 24 months past the course date, the participant may still complete their CAP certification with a late charge of $100
- After 36 months past the course date, the participant can still complete their CAP certification with a late charge of $150
- After the four year anniversary of the course date, the participant must re-take the course to obtain the certification; new course requirements must then be completed within 12 months or penalties will again apply.
I have not received my CAP certificate yet. What do I do now?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where you are in the process. Be specific about your date and location of your CAP Course.
How can I or my region/club//high school administrator check-on/know my certification status?
- Individuals (USAV members of on-line Regions): can check on your status on-line through the USAV Member Database (https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/)
- Individuals (either USAV non-members OR members of Regions not online with USAV): can check on your status by contacting email@example.com
- Regions (on-line): can check on your status on-line through the USAV Member Database (https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/)
- Regions (not on-line): can check on your status by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Directors (USAV members of on-line Regions): Can refer their coaches to check on their status on-line through the USAV Member Database (https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/)
- Club Directors (members of Regions that are not online with USAV): Can refer their coaches to check on their status by contacting email@example.com
- HS Administrators (USAV members of on-line Regions): Can refer their coaches to check on their status on-line through the USAV Member Database (https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/), by contacting the region or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- HS Administrators (either not USAV members or are members of Regions not online with USAV): Can refer their coaches to check on their status by contacting email@example.com
Click the following link to view and register for any national Coaching Education Events, including local on-site courses, online courses, and education webinars.