- Indoor Courses
- Beach Courses
- CAP Coaches' Recognition Program
- Coaching Education Events Schedule
- CAP Recertification
- Hosting a CAP Course
- Coaching Education HelpDesk
- Education FAQ
- What Are Coaches Saying
- Past Recognition Programs
- 2015 AVCA CAP Course Info
USA Volleyball Coaching Education FAQ
I have taken the IMPACT clinic but I cannot find my certificate, what happens now?
The national office does not re-issue IMPACT certificates. To get credit for IMPACT towards your CAP certification you will need to have your region contact the national office directly with your IMPACT information. If the region office does not have your IMPACT information, you will have to re-take the course. If you took the course online with the National Office, please contact email@example.com with a date of when you took the IMPACT.
I am looking for information on upcoming IMPACT clinics. Where can I find this information?
All of our upcoming courses are listed on the schedule page. Other options to take IMPACT/SafeSport are available, including our online IMPACT On-Demand course. Please click here to see those options. The regions of USA Volleyball also offer IMPACT clinics throughout the year. To find more information on your region please click here.
CAP COURSES FAQs:
When will a CAP course be schedule in my area?
All of our upcoming CAP courses will be listed on our schedule page. If you cannot find a course in your area please keep checking the schedule page for updates. If you are interested in hosting a course please visit this website by clicking here.
I need to recertify my CAP/BCAP certification and there have not been any courses in my area that I was aware of and I cannot afford to travel out of state to take one. How can I recertify?
There are many options to earn recertification module credits to recertify, you do not have to attend a course! Click this link to download a document that lists the different ways that you can obtain USAV recertification module credits: https://usavolleyball.sharefile.com/d-s7a44957ccfd4c4ca. You can also visit the recertification section of the website for more information. Please reference the next two FAQ questions about modules credits that can by applied toward your CAP certification.
CERTIFICATION AND RE-CERTIFICATION FAQs:
How can I earn module credits that I can apply to my CAP recertification?
There are many options to earn recertification module credits! Click this link to download a document that lists the different ways that you can obtain USAV recertification module credits: https://usavolleyball.sharefile.com/d-s7a44957ccfd4c4ca. You can also visit the recertification section of the website for more information.
I just noticed that my CAP certification will expire soon and I want to know what to do.
You need to obtain the required number of recertification module credits for your level and submit the recertification application. You can also attend another CAP course of the same level or move up to the next level. Listed below are the renewal requirements:
- CAP/BCAP I renewal: earn 4 recertificaiton module credits or attend another USAV CAP/BCAP Course within your certifcation period (4 years)
- CAP/BCAP II renewal: earn 5 recertification module credits or attend another USAV CAP/BCAP Course within your certifcation period (4 years)
- CAP III renewal: earn 6 recertification module credits or attend another USAV CAP/BCAP Course within your certifcation period (4 years)
Are there any modules on-line that I can take?
Yes. To view available modules and see what is offered, click here.
I just realized I missed the allotted time to take my coursework and/or exam through the testing site, What do I do now?
Please email CAP@usav.org with information on the date and location of your course. Please specify whether it was IMPACT or CAP and the issue. Depending on what the situation is, you may be required to pay a re-testing fee before receiving additional access to the test.
I was unable to complete my certification requirements within the one year's time from my CAP course. Do I have to re-take the course?
Not always, but you will have to pay an increasing penalty in order to complete the certification requirements:
- If certification requirements are completed within 12 months of the initial course date, no penalty occurs.
- After 12 months past the course date, the participant may still complete their certification with a late charge of $50
- After 24 months past the course date, the participant may still complete their CAP certification with a late charge of $100
- After 36 months past the course date, the participant can still complete their CAP certification with a late charge of $150
- After the four year anniversary of the course date, the participant must re-take the course to obtain the certification; new course requirements must then be completed within 12 months or penalties will again apply.
I have not received my CAP certificate yet. What do I do now?
Contact CAP@usav.org to find out where you are in the process. Be specific about your date and location of your CAP Course.
How can I or my region/club/high school administrator check-on/know my certification status?
- USA Volleyball Members can check your status online through the USAV Member Database (https://webpoint.usavolleyball.org/)
- Non-members (either USAV non-members OR members of Regions not online with USAV): can check on your status by contacting CAP@usav.org
Click the following link to view and register for any national Coaching Education Events, including local on-site courses, online courses, and education webinars.