Complete Approved Online Courses for CAP Recertification Module Credits
The options listed below require coaches to view online only. For all courses, coaches will be required to submit a certificate of completion with the CAP Recertification Application 90 days prior to the coach's certification expiration date. In order to purchase your recertification module credit(s), click here.
- Some of the courses below are free to view and complete, and with others, a cost is associated. The cost for purchasing module "credits" will be in addition to any cost associated with taking a course below.
- Courses may only be viewed and submitted one time for recertification credit. Click the links to the left for more information about each option.
Online Approved Modules:
1. American Sport Education Program (ASEP): 1 credit each, no USAV module credit purchase required
Approved American Sport Education Program (ASEP) courses are listed below. If you are currently a USA Volleyball member, please specify when processing your order on the ASEP website. ASEP's Coaching Principles course (available online or as a classroom clinic) can be utilized as a USAV IMPACT Equivalency course and meets the USA Volleyball Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP) Level I requirement of a Foundations of Coaching course.
Documentation of completing any ASEP courses for equivalency or recertification credit is necessary.
Please click the links below to purchase and view more information on each course offering.
Course #1 ASEP Coaching Principles
Course #2 ASEP Sport First Aid
Course #3 ASEP Coaching Youth Volleyball
2. National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) courses include the following. NFHS's Fundamentals of Coaching Volleyball course can be utilized as a USAV IMPACT Equivalency course and meets the USA Volleyball Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP) Level I requirement of a Foundations of Coaching course.
Documentation of completing any NFHS courses for equivalency or recertification credit is necessary. CAP Certified coaches can use the Fundamentals of Coaching Volleyball-online course as the equivalent of two (2) CAP Recertification module credits. Once you have completed Fundamentals of Coaching Volleyball and received your Certificate of Completion, send a copy to the USAV Coaching Education Office via email at email@example.com for approval to apply towards recertification credits. Please click the links below to purchase and view more information on each course offering.
|Course Title||Recert Credits||
USAV Module Credit
|Cost through NFHS|
| Coaching Volleyball
3. TrueSport Online Courses: 1 credit each, require USAV module credit purchase
USA Volleyball CAP or Beach CAP certified coaches may receive 1 approved module credit for recertification for attending any of the 3 TrueSport Coaching Education courses. Please contact USA Volleyball Education for the discount "voucher" code to register/pay on the USADA website for their course(s) at the discounted rate of 50% off! USAV and USADA will not reimburse you after the fact if you don't use the code at the beginning of the process. Please also be aware that you will STILL have to purchase the module credit(s) from the USAV office afterwards.
- Developing a Coaching Philosophy and Ethics
- Understanding Supplements and Energy Drinks
- Navigating Performance-Enhancing Substances
Accredited by the National Council For Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE) based on the National Standards for Sport Coaches developed by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education, each course offers 1 module credit for USAV CAP or BCAP recertification purposes.
Documentation of completion of these courses and purchase of the Module Credit from USAV Coaching Education are required in order for re-certification credit(s) to be granted. Once you have completed a TrueSport online course and received your certificate of completion, send a copy to the USAV Coaching Education Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval to the recertification process. At that time you will be sent instructions for purchasing your USAV CAP Module Credit(s). Please click on the links above to purchase and view more information on each topic.
4. SafeSport Course: The SafeSport course is worth 1 recert module credit and is free to take. Once you have completed the online course and received your
certificate of completion, send a copy to CAP@usav.org for approval to the recertification process.
USA Volleyball Coaching Education pre-recorded webinars are under development to be launched soon.
Documentation of completing any USAV pre-recorded webinars for recertification credit is necessary. Once launched, your webinar will run automatically and provide you with a certificate of completion when completed.
Recertification Required Documents:
- 2016 Recertification Application (submission is required)
- 2015-2016 Explanation of Level I-II-III Accreditation Requirements (personal use only)
- 2016 List of Acceptable Re-Cert Credits
Review the CAP Recert Options and Accreditation Requirements for each level.
|Click the following link to register for this course or view upcoming USAV Coaching Education Events.
Coaching Education Events Schedule