Beach IMPACT Certification Information
The Beach IMPACT Certification is the pre-requisite to the USAV Beach CAP Level I Course and requires the following:
- Attend a single day on-site national course or a two-evening online Beach IMPACT Webinar taught by the USAV National Office education and beach cadre; please note that at this time no Beach IMPACT course taught at a regional level will meet this requirement.
- Or students may attend the future On-Demand Beach IMPACT online course when available.
- Complete and pass the online Beach IMPACT exam with a score of 90% or higher.
- Coaches who are Indoor IMPACT certified will receive a discounted registration fee for the Beach IMPACT certification clinic.
1) I attended a beach IMPACT clinic taught by my Region….does this count as my Beach IMPACT requirement?
- No. At this time the only way to achieve Beach IMPACT certification for purposes of National Beach HP qualification or for the BCAP Level I pre-requisite requirement is to attend a USAV National Beach IMPACT Clinic offered and taught by the National Office.
- National Beach IMPACT Clinics may be scheduled within your region by the National Office in conjunction with a BCAP Course weekend, or a stand alone on-site B-IMPACT Clinic may be requested by your region office.
2) Can I count my existing Indoor IMPACT Certification as my Beach CAP I IMPACT requirement?
3) Will my Beach IMPACT certification allow me to coach an indoor USAV junior club team?
- No. Beach IMPACT is offered to currently Indoor IMPACT certified coaches at a discounted rate, but Beach IMPACT is a different certification than Indoor IMPACT. Coaches will need to attend the Beach IMPACT course and pass the course exam to become B-IMPACT certified.
- No. Beach IMPACT is a different certification than Indoor IMPACT. Coaches will need to attend the Indoor IMPACT course and pass the course exam to become certified to coach during the indoor junior club season.
4) Does my Beach IMPACT certification ever expire or need to be renewed?
- No. Your Beach IMPACT certification does not expire for USAV National Office purposes. Please check with your region office, however, as some may have a regional renewal requirement.
5) How long do I have to wait between earning my Beach IMPACT certification and attending a Beach CAP Level I course?
- There is no required wait time between B-IMPACT certification and attending a BCAP I course.
Click the following link to view and register for any national Coaching Education Events, including local on-site courses, online courses, and education webinars.
Coaching Education Events Schedule