USA Volleyball (USAV) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of volleyball in the United States and is recognized as such by the Federation International de Volleyball (FIVB) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). The vision of USA Volleyball is to be acknowledged as the world leader in volleyball. In order to accomplish this mission, the following goals are to be achieved:
- Competitive Success: To win gold medals in every international competition;
- Sport Growth: To achieve full participation in volleyball at all levels and in all geographical areas;
- Sport Enhancement: To improve support services necessary for the quality and conduct of programs to ensure recognition as the authority and expert for volleyball;
- International Representation: To have influential positions on all international boards and commissions;
- Recognition: To receive consistent recognition of volleyball coaches and athletes as top world performers;
- Administration: To develop and maintain a structure which will effectively and efficiently assist in achieving the vision and mission of the Corporation; and
- Finances: To develop, implement and maintain a financial plan to achieve the vision and mission of the Corporation.
USA Volleyball is committed to and works toward opportunity for all to participate. It is an advocate for all Americans-endeavoring to assure universal access to opportunities at all levels of the game.
Thus USA Volleyball will diligently :
- Work toward provision of ample opportunity, quality opportunity and equality of access for every resident of this diverse nation.
- Act to expand opportunity for under-represented groups and aggressively recruit participation from those groups.
- Make its daily decisions concerning resources, players, coaches, officials, administrators, and employees on the basis of individual merit and excellence of performance regardless of age, class, ancestry, color, national origin, race, religious creed, disability or handicap, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Exercise its corporate will to encourage constituent organizations to act in accordance with the foregoing principles.
USA Volleyball believes that volleyball has so many positive things to offer those who participate. First, and most importantly, whether one is a gifted athlete or a recreational player, volleyball is FUN! It is a lifetime sport enjoyed by players from 8 to 80. Participation in volleyball is not only good exercise, but also involves team cooperation and spirit. We are committed to introducing our sport to all of America.