USA Team Handball Club MembershipA Team Handball club
is one that registers and is approved by USATH. Team Handball clubs agree to conduct their programs in accordance with and be bound by the rules and regulations of USATH. Club Membership Benefits
Club Membership Fees:
- Right to participate and organize all USATH events (sanctioned tournaments, clinics, tryouts, courses etc) including Club National Championships
- Secondary insurance coverage at USATH sanctioned events
- Support and assistance from USATH in hosting, organizing and executing events (if desired)
- Right to host Referee & Coaching certification clinics and courses
- Assistance from USATH in scheduling referees
- Opportunity to apply for annual grants and scholarships from USA Team Handball and USATH Foundation.
- Access to Club section of www.usateamhandball.com to host/streamline tournament registration (including collection of fees).
- Opportunity to promote club, goods and/or services to USA Team Handball membership via www.usateamhandball.com
- Opportunity for club-wide access to USATH vendors, including equipment and apparel partners at a discounted rate
- Opportunity for all coaches and referees to receive "Local" Referee and Coach Certification courses at no cost
Club Incentive Program
- First Year of Club Certification by USA Team Handball: $200
- Subsequent Years: See Club Incentive program
|Base Annual Fee:|| $500|
|At least 2 active teams:|| -$100|
|At least 2 certified coaches:|| -$100|
|At least 1 pair, certified referees|| -$100|
|No certified coach:|| +$100|
|No certified pair of referees:|| +$100|
USA Team Handball will schedule at least five (5) Coach's & Official's certification clinics per year, including at least one in every USATH Region. Clinics will usually be held in conjunction with sanctioned events. There is no cost for any USATH member to participate in the initial certification for referees and coaches (local level).
Projected clinic locations (subject to confirmation) for 2008-09 include:
|Chapel Hill, NC||November|
|Salt Lake City, UT||November|
|West Point, NY||January|
|San Francisco, CA||February|
|Colorado Springs, CO||March|
|Los Angeles, CA||TBD|
Additional Club Membership Notes:
- Membership is valid for one competitive season (first Tuesday after Labor day through Labor Day of the following year)
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable
- There is no pro-rating of membership fees
- Registrations received online shall be processed within two business days.
- Registrations received via mail/fax shall be processed within 1-2 weeks upon receipt and subject to an additional $10 processing fee.
- There is a $25 fee for RUSH processing.
Active Individual and Club Membership is required for participation in USATH sanctioned events.Affiliate Members
are non-profit organizations that assist in the implementation of programs and initiatives of the USATH. Affiliate Organizations members may include schools, local associations, multi-sport organizations, visitor's bureaus, etc.
Affiliate Organization Fees
- University-sanctioned clubs, intramural groups, student organizations and/or intercollegiate sports teams are considered Affiliate members.
- 2008-09: $200 ($100 for academic institutions)
- 2009-10: $200 ($100 for academic institutions)
- 2010-11: $200 ($100 for academic institutions)
- 2011-12: $200 ($100 for academic institutions)
For-profit organizations that wish to demonstrate their support of the programs and mission of USATH are encouraged to join register with the National Governing Body. Interested entities should contact USA Team Handball corporate sales for more details.