|Position Title: ||Regional Director, USA Team Handball|
|Reports to: ||General Manager, USA Team Handball |
USA Team Handball (USATH)is the not-for-profit National Governing Body for the Olympic sport discipline of Team Handball. When fully staffed, USA Team Handball will have five (5) regional directors located in the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest and West. Regional directors shall report directly to the General Manager of USATH, who in turn reports to a president and board of directors. The Regional Director shall be responsible for the development of Team Handball on a regional basis, both in terms of attracting financial support (donations, sponsorships, new members) and building non-professional handball programs including at the youth, recreational, secondary school and university levels. The Regional Director shall work in partnership with a Regional Staff Coach for the latter.
The mission of USATH shall be to develop, promote, educate and grow the sport of Team Handball at all levels in the United States and to enable United States athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence to win medals in international and Olympic competition
• Establishment of a regional board of directors, consisting of five individuals who would make a donation to USA Team Handball and agree to assist in the development of the sport in their region.
• Identify and secure regional sponsors, suppliers and USATH members
• Establish, nurture and/or grow team handball programs (club, intramural, PE or varsity) at universities in the region.
• Establish, nurture and/or grow team handball programs in recreational centers, middle schools and secondary schools.
• Monetize sport development activities, such as camps, clinics and tryouts through revenue-generating activities including sponsorships and donations.
• Prepare a formal report monthly to general manager with overview of regional business and sport development progress.
• Manage and faithfully represent the intentions and directives of USA Team Handball, as recommended by general manager and Board of Directors
• Serve as a liaison to clubs, leagues, schools and other handball entities within the region
• Serve as a primary representative of USA Team Handball to the general public and media in the region.
• Job requires spending 10-20% of time traveling throughout region.
COMPENSATION & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Salary: Regional Director base salary will be dependent upon experience.
• West: Los Angeles, San Francisco or Salt Lake City
• Southwest: Houston, Dallas, Austin or San Antonio
• Midwest: Chicago
• Northeast: New York, Philadelphia or Boston
• Southeast: Atlanta or Miami
Additional Compensation: Regional director shall have the opportunity to earn commissions on sales, plus bonuses based upon meeting or exceeding budget expectations.
Automobile. Regional Director shall be reimbursed for all approved travel expenses including mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle.
Benefits. Regional Director may have the opportunity to receive health insurance and other medical benefits generally available to USA Team Handball employees.
Communication Tools. Regional Director shall receive use of a cellular phone and calling plan, and a laptop computer.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume stating your qualifications for this position and your interest in the sport of team handball. Resumes sent without personalized cover letters will not be accepted. Be sure to mention the title of the position you are applying for. Address all letters to firstname.lastname@example.org