Welcome to USA Team Handball (USATH), the National Governing Body (NGB) for the Olympic discipline of Team Handball.
USATH, a member of the International Handball Federation (IHF) and the Pan American Team Handball Federation (PATHF), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., and was certified by the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) on April 30, 2008.
The jurisdiction of USATH includes development of grassroots programs, preparation of national teams, and day-to-day oversight of the sport of handball throughout the United States.
The mission of USA Team Handball shall be to develop, promote, educate and grow the sport of Team Handball at all levels in the United States, and to enable United States athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence to win medals in international and Olympic competition.
USA Team Handball is the only organization recognized by the USOC and IHF to lead handball initiatives in the United States.
The immediate goal of USA Team Handball is to restore hope, dignity, and traction to the sport's faithful; energize a growing base of players; and create an all-new model for international success.
USA Team Handball is simultaneously working to support and grow:
1. The national club structure, culminating in National Championships in May
2. College clubs and intramural programs, culminating in College Nationals in April
3. Grassroots programs such as Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA's, and schools
4. Senior Men's and Women's National Teams with the goal of competing internationally and qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Games
5. Youth National Teams to compete internationally in junior tournaments
USA Team Handball is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., with regional staff in Auburn, California, Texas, Illinois, New Jersey, and New York. The USA Team Handball re-established its Residency Program in November 2013, in Auburn, Ala. at Auburn University.
For more information about USA Team Handball email email@example.com.
Last updated: May 20, 2015