USA Taekwondo Membership FAQs

Q: How do I know if I should register as an Athlete, Coach, or Referee member?
A: USAT members can only register as a Referee Member if you are a USAT Certified Referee.

Q: How long does it take for me to receive my membership card?
A: Normal processing time is four to six weeks. If you register on-line you are registered instantly and can print a confirmation sheet of your  membership. It will still take four to six weeks to receive your membership card.

Q: What do I do if I do not receive my membership card in the 4-6 weeks timeframe?
A: Please contact the USAT membership office and we will check to see if your card has been returned for insufficient or incorrect address.  We can also verify when it has been mailed to you. You can contact the membership office at (719) 866-3622 or email sarah.randall@usa-taekwondo.us

Q: How do I file for an insurance claim if I am injured?
A: Call the USAT membership office for a claim form. Upon verification of membership you will receive a claim which you can send directly to the USAT insurance company.

Q: What is the fastest way to renew or sign up for USAT membership?
A: The fastest way to renew your membership is to register on-line through USA Taekwondo’s on-line membership system. Once you register on-line you receive an instant confirmation.

Q: What do I do if I lose my membership card?
A: Email or call the USAT Membership office. There is a $7.00 replacement card fee. This fee will need to be paid in advance for the new card.

Q: Why do I have to be an Athlete or Coach member to coach my competitor at a USAT Event?
A: Any athlete, coach, assistant coach or referee must be an Athlete, Coach or Referee member to be on the competition floor for insurance liability.

Q: I am listed under the wrong Club, how do I correct this?
A: If you are listed under the incorrect club on your application, then you will need to submit your change in writing to the USAT Membership Department.

Q: Can I register by phone for membership?
A: No. You must either register on-line or submit an application by fax or mail.

Q: How do I upgrade my membership from Support to Athlete, Coach, or Referee member?
A: You will need fill out an upgrade application. This can only be done by contacting the USAT  Membership office for an upgrade application. Once your application is filled out and faxed or mailed in, your membership will be upgraded and you will receive a new membership card with the updated membership.

Q: What do I do if I already registered my entire family with USAT and did not receive the Family Membership discount?
A: Contact the USAT membership office to receive a refund. You will need to send the names and membership numbers of the family members.

USA Taekwondo Club Membership FAQs

Q: How do I get the Club Liability Insurance?
A: Your club must have at least 35 athlete, coach, or referees members to be eligible. Once your club has 35 members the USAT membership department will receive notfication and an insurance certificate will be issued, as long as you indicated you wanted the insurance when the club was registered. Once the insurance certificate is issued it will be email to email address provided on the club profile. 

Q: How do I receive a list of members registered in my club?
A: If your club is set up to manage your club on-line you can print off this report yourself. If you are not set up to manage your club on-line then you will need to submit in writing, by email, or fax, a request to receive the report. Only the Club Representative listed on the Club application can request this report and it can only be sent to the email, fax, or address provided on the Club Application.

Q: What do I do if there are members missing from my club member list?
A: The individual member will need to submit a letter or email to the USAT membership department
to change their club affiliation.

Q: What do I do if my club's address changes?
A: You can log on to the USAT website and change it yourself or will need to submit in writing to the USAT Membership department your change
of address. Only the Club Representative listed on the application will be able to submit this change.

Q: I have not received the monthly club newsletter, how do I go about getting this sent to me?
A: Club newsletters are only sent by email to those clubs that provided an email address on their club application. If you would like to receive the monthly newsletter, please update your club information on the membership system or contact the membership office with those changes.

For questions on your club membership and your benefits contact Sarah Randall at 719-866-3622 or email sarah.randall@usa-taekwondo.us.