Call for Nominations for AAC on Nominating & Governance Committee
USA Taekwondo is looking for an athlete representative to serve on the USAT Nominating & Governance Committee. All interested candidates should submit their names along with a brief bio to Bill Kellick at email@example.com by Friday, December 11, 2009.
A list of athletes eligible to both run and vote for this position can be found HERE. Ballots will be distributed via email to the address that is listed in the HANGASTAR membership information. Please ensure this information is updated accordingly in the system or by contacting USAT (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a valid e-mail address by Friday, December 11, 2009.
Voting by e-ballot will be conducted from December 16-26, 2009.
Section 9.16. Nominating and Governance Committee.
The Nominating and Governance Committee shall be elected/selected and have the
responsibilities as follows:
a. The Nominating and Governance Committee shall be selected as follows-
1. one (1) individual elected by the previous Nominating and Governance Committee;
2. one (1) individual who is independent as that term is defined in these Bylaws and who is selected by the Board of Directors;
3. one (1) athlete as elected by the athlete members;
4. one (1) coach or referee as elected by the coach and referee members; and
5. one (1) grass roots representative as elected by USAT member clubs.
No director of the Board shall be elected/selected to the Nominating and Governance Committee. No individual who serves on the Nominating and Governance Committee may serve on the Board of Directors. Members of the Nominating and Governance Committee are precluded from serving as a Board director or in any other USAT capacity, whether governance or on staff, for a period of two (2) years after their service on the Nominating and Governance Committee ends.
b. The Nominating and Governance Committee shall -
1. identify and evaluate prospective candidates for the Board;
2. select individuals to serve on the Board as provided in these Bylaws;
3. recommend as requested by the Board individuals to serve on various committees and task forces;
4. consult with the Ethics Committee with respect to vetting all nominations for potential conflict of interest or other problematic background issues;
5. develop and recommend to the Board for its consideration an annual self-evaluation process of the Board and its committees and task forces;
6. perform such other duties as assigned by the Board.
c. In considering a candidate for nomination to the Board, the Nominating and Governance Committee takes into consideration:
1. the candidate's contribution to the effective functioning of USAT;
2. any potential or impending change in the candidate's principal area of responsibility with his or her company or in his or her employment;
3. whether the candidate continues to bring relevant experience to the Board;
4. whether the candidate has the ability to attend meetings and fully participate in the activities of the Board;
5. the candidate's reputation for personal integrity and commitment to ethical conduct;
6. whether the candidate has developed any relationships with another organization, or other circumstances have arisen, that might make it inappropriate for the director to continue serving on the Board; and
7. any other qualification the Nominating and Governance Committee deems appropriate to select a qualified and capable director.