With the third of five National Qualifiers set to begin this weekend in Austin, Texas, USA Taekwondo would like to take this opportunity to keep our coaches informed on the latest details concerning the upcoming event. Below are a couple of key points that all participating coaches should be aware of:
- The Friday evening session of the Coaches' Edge Seminar is scheduled to start 30 minutes after the conclusion of the 2009 National Team Trial, while the Saturday morning session of the Coaches' Edge Seminar is scheduled to start at 7:00 a.m. The seminars are scheduled to take place in room 12 A of the Austin Convention Center. It is advised to arrive fifteen minutes early so that you may be properly checked into the seminar, as attendance will be taken.
- The seminar will be approximately 90 minutes in length. Handouts will be provided, however, coaches should bring a writing utensil in case they would like to take notes during the seminar.
- Coaches who have registered for the 2009 Coaches' Edge seminar in Austin can attend either the Friday evening or Saturday morning session, regardless of the one they had registered online for, since roll call will be taken at each seminar. This has been done for the convenience of our coaches, however, please make sure that your name is called for the session that you do attend.
- Coaches who arrive early on Friday, April 24th, should report to the Coaches' Booth located at the Registration site (the Prefunction Area at the Austin Convention Center) before attending the Coaches' Edge Seminar in order to expedite the process of producing your coach credential for the event. The Coaches' Booth will be open from 3:00 - 8:00 p.m. on Friday. Coaches who have all of their requirements fulfilled before the start of the Friday evening session of the Coaches' Edge Seminar will be provided with their credential at the conclusion of the seminar, whereas the coaches who still have pending information will be able to pick up their credential the next morning when the Coaches' Booth re-opens at 9:00 a.m.
- If you are coaching at the 2009 Austin National Qualifier and are not sure of the requirements to coach at the event, it is highly recommended to review the following link CIDP Requirements. It is also highly recommended to the Coaching page of the USAT website at http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/content/index/2357 and review the Information About Coaching At Events.
New coaches: For individuals who have not taken any course of the USAT Coach Identification and Development Program (CIDP), you will be required to register for the 2009 Associate Coach Course along with attending the 2009 Coaches' Edge Seminar. The Associate Coach (AC) course is delivered online and serves as the initial step of the CIDP certification process. The status of coaches who register for AC certification will be pending until the results from their AC quiz have been processed. Therefore, coaches who register for AC certification will be considered an Associate Coach at the Buffalo National Qualifier while their AC quiz is being evaluated. Their status as an Associate Coach will only be removed if they do not pass the AC quiz. It is recommended that coaches register online for the AC Course in order to avoid the additional $25.00 fee for registering on-site. Complete details about the AC course can be found HERE.
Coaches who have already attended the 2009 Coaches' Edge seminar either at the Kissimmee National Qualifier or the Buffalo National Qualifier would receive their credential when they check-in to the event (at the Prefunction Area of the Austin National Convention Center).
This information has been provided to help our coaches be better prepared for the event and allow them to enjoy the experience of sport Taekwondo at the highest level!"