Dr. Michael Babuin
EDUCATION: BS/Geology; MS/Geophysical Sciences; PhD/Environmental Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Over 20 years working as a Project Director and Manager on large (General) scale, multi-million dollar infrastructure and public health-oriented projects throughout the world. Worked previously for several Fortune 500 global engineering firms. Currently working for a local government and a local University as an adjunct professor.
- Founder and President of the Cary Table Tennis Association a 501 (c) (3) federal not-for-profit corporation;
- Promoter, Organizer, Director and chief fund-raiser for the Cary Cup Championship - the largest giant round robin table tennis competition in the USA;
- USATT Hardbat Committee (Chair);
- Board of Advisors, National Collegiate Table Tennis Association;
- Tournament Director for dozens of tournaments over the past 7-years;
- Club Umpire Certification and State level Coaching certification;
- Organizer for NC State Games Competitions (2005-2006);
- Organizer for various Senior Games competitions;
- Intermediate (1800 level) player; Coach and Instructor.
Table Tennis Interests:
- Implementation of a sound short and long term strategy to expand table tennis throughout the USA, in the school system;
- Promotion of the Olympic Ideals and expansion of Regional Training Centers throughout the USA;
- Development and implementation of a program to help clubs throughout the country expand, multiply, and proliferate through public and private partnerships;
- Promoting cultural exchange with developing athletes from other countries.
(Additional personal interest) Avid table tennis memorabilia, program, and book collector.