- Join Today
- USATT Insider
- USATT Social Networks
- Contact Us
- Staff Directory
- Media Team
- Directors & Officials
- Approved Equipment
- Board of Directors
- High Performance Plan
- Code of Conduct & Conflict of Interest
- USATT Financial Reports
- About USATT
Overview: USATT is the national organizing body for table tennis in the United States. Created in 1933 and headquartered in Colorado Springs, its staff serves the 9000+ members and 285+ clubs that are affiliated with USATT. It oversees a wide variety of membership services, the national teams, and other areas such as the rules of the game, and numerous online instructional and historical articles. It is governed and run by the 9 members of the board of directors, numerous committees, and paid staff. USATT is affiliated with the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), the world governing body for table tennis, as well as the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
Read - Why the game is great!
- Organizing and sanctioning of over 300 annual tournaments
- The U.S. Open (in July) and U.S. Nationals (in December)
- A national rating system
- A national league system (the USATT League) & Club Team Championships
- USA Table Tennis Magazine (a glossy color magazine mailed to all members of USATT)
- Club programs - National Centers for Excellence and Regional Centers of Excellence
- Listing of certified coaches, umpires and referees
- Listing of affiliated clubs
- Listing of approved equipment and equipment dealers
- Club Insurance
- A Tournament Directors page
- Overseeing and promotion of various groups, such as collegiate, junior, senior, disabled, and hardbat players
- Overseeing the rules of the sport
National Team: USATT oversees the USA National and the annual National Team Trials/selections. National Teams include: Olympic, Paralympic, Pan Am, Para Pan Am, the USA Men's and Women's, and Para National Team as well as the Junior (under 18) and Cadet (under 15) National Boys' and Girls' Teams. These teams are sent for training and tournaments both nationally and internationally.
Governance: USATT is governed by the 9 members of the USATT Board of Directors. They include a Chairman, two additional Independent Directors, two At Large Directors, one National Organization Representative Director, one Club Representative Director and two Athlete Directors. They are responsible for setting the policies of the organization. In addition, USATT has numerous committees to help with the policy and work of the organization. Doing the actual day-to-day work of USATT is the USATT staff, headed by the Chief Executive Officer. The governing of USATT is directed by the USATT Bylaws.
History: The United States Table Tennis Association (USTTA) was created in 1933. The name "ping-pong" was trademarked by Parker Brothers, so the name "table tennis" was adopted. In the 1990s, the name was changed to USA Table Tennis (USATT). Extensive histories of USATT are online, as are the 100+ members of the USATT Hall of Fame.