USA Table Tennis
2014 Youth Olympic Games Coach/Team Leader Position Opening
POSITION TITLE: Coach/Team Leader SUMMARY: USA Table Tennis is seeking candidates for a Coach/Team Leader position for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games.
The successful candidate will be compensated by payment of the standard USATT daily fee for a National Team Coach and USOC/USATT’s payment of required travel and standard hospitality expenses for: all specific meetings or training camp(s) prior to 2014 Youth Olympic Games, and for the 2014 Youth Olympic Games.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may submit their application and resume to USATT COO/High Performance Director by email to email@example.com), or by fax at: 719-632-6071 by the close of business on April 20, 2014.
- Successfully pass the National Center for Safety Initiatives’ (NCSI) background screen in accordance with the current USOC Games Background Check Policy prior to nomination.
Should a nominee experience any event between the time the background check is conducted and the relevant Games that may change his/her background check status, the nominee must inform the NGB or USOC.
- Possess a valid passport that does not expire until at least six months after the conclusion of the Games.
- The candidate should be US citizen, permanent resident or holding a valid working visa for USA.
- Have the ability to work effectively with the USOC.
- Have strong administrative, communication and organizational capabilities/skills.
- Be responsible for Team’s adherence to all rules regarding discipline at the Games.
- Fulfill all duties and requirements of the USOC including attendance at USOC Games related meetings.
- Be available for entire duration of the Games.
- Possess high level, specific technical and tactical knowledge of the sport.
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of the IF rules and regulations governing the sport.
- Have proven ability to establish harmonious relationships with athletes and other Team personnel.
- Be in good health and able to withstand the physical rigors of traveling with and working with the Team.
- Have previous Olympics, Pan Am or Worlds Team Leader experience (preferred, but not required).
- Be trained and skilled with respect to mental, physical and at-the-table training, playing strategy and techniques.
- Have proven experience/ability as National Team Coach or equivalent coaching experience.
- Be willing and able to assist the athlete(s) in their training and preparation prior to the Games.
- Possess ability to work with the qualified athletes
- Participate in the cultural and education program, as requested.
- Attending all meetings scheduled with USOC during the games;
- Attending meetings for Draws;
- Serving as the representative for table tennis as Team Leader;
- Accompanying athletes through drug testing if necessary;
- Responsible for all training session and coaching during Youth Olympic Games and for the others camps and competitions specifically scheduled by USATT, for the 2014 YOG team members.;
- Filing protests when appropriate on a timely fashion;
- Taking disciplinary actions when necessary;
- Submitting reports after each camp or competition the YOG team is participating.
- Collecting accurate statistics regarding athlete performance;
- Serve as primary point of contact and liaison between the USOC and NGB before, during and after the Games.
- Prepare athletes/teams for success on the field of play.
- Participate in all cultural and education programs, as requested
- Work closely with USATT HQ on logistics for the programs related to the 2014 YOG.
More Stories ›