International Coaching Enrichment Certification Program (ICECP) 2014
To: USATT Coaches
We are pleased to be able to offer USA Table Tennis coaches the opportunity to participate in the International Coaching Enrichment Certification Program (ICECP) 2014, offered through USOC’s International Relations Department and University of Delaware funded by IOC Solidarity.
The USOC will once again be able to support coaches across all the sports: one coach to participate in the entire program, and five coaches to participate in the Colorado Springs module only.
Please see the attached program information for details at www.udel.edu/ICECP/program/application. Note that the USOC is targeting sports that will be given preference within the program in order to better meet the needs of NGB coaches in terms of programming and collaborating with the international coaches.
While the international coaches will typically be national team coaches and/or high performance directors for their respective sports, the USOC recommends that USA Table Tennis also consider some developmental/pipeline coaches to participate.
There is no cost to the coach who is enrolled in the entire program (one coach across all sports, representing USA).
The USOC will also pay for the air and hotel costs (up to $750 each) for the five coaches attending the Colorado Springs module program (5 coaches across all sports, representing USA).
USA Table Tennis understands the time commitment for participating in this program, but wants to extend this unique experience to our coaches. It’s a great opportunity for coaches to network with international colleagues and to experience world-class performance information from both University of Delaware and USOC Sport Performance staff.
USATT will be accepting applications from coaches until March 30th 11:59pm PDT in order to meet the Olympic Committee deadline.
- Active USATT member status
- Regional (or higher) USATT certified coach
- Level 1 (or higher) ITTF certified coach
- Passed the USATT background check or has applied for it before 3/28/2014
The required USATT background check can be completed at:
Details about the background check process can be found on the USATT website at:
USATT Safesport Background Check
Interested coaches can apply by submitting the following documentation:
- Contact information
- Short bio
- Application Statement addressing the following questions:
- What are your objectives and expectations of your participation in the ICECP 2014
- How would your selection support USA Table Tennis objectives, goals, and mission?
- What is the title of your proposed project?
- Which area of coaching will be addressed?
- What are the objectives of your project?
- What are your reasons for improving the selected area of table tennis coaching?
- How will you evaluate the success of your project?
- 1 to 3 recommendation letters, sent separately via email (address listed below)
Please indicate which position you are applying for: full program (about 1 month long) or Colorado Springs module (about 1 week long).
Send your application material, in PDF or MSWord format, to:
Fede@nctta.org and Doru@usatt.org with "ICECP 2014 application" as the subject line.
We will notify applicants as soon as possible.
Please read Ten Days at the Olympic Training Center International Coaching Enrichment Certificate Program by Toshi Nobe who attended module 3 in Colorado Springs last year.
I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.
USA Table Tennis Coaching Committee