USATT Criteria and Procedures for Entering US Athletes in International Competitions
Athletes not funded by USATT to participate in international competition but wishing to participate on a self-funded basis will be entered in international competitions per following criteria/priority until the spots allocated to USA will be filled, according to ITTF rules.
Note: This criteria will not apply for Olympic, Pan Am, World and Continental title events, or any other events that have specific qualification/selection procedures.
All athletes must be USATT members in good standing.
- Members of the National Team /respective gender in finishing order at the Trials.
- For ITTF Junior Circuit- in the following order: the Junior National Team members, Cadet National Team members.
- For ITTF World Tour/Open tournaments - in the following order: Men and Women’s National Team members, Junior National Team members, Cadet National Team members.
- Members of Team B/respective gender in finishing order at the Trials
- For ITTF Junior Circuit- in the following order: the Junior Team B members, Cadet Team B members.
- For ITTF World Tour/Open tournaments - in the following order: 5th through 8th finishers at the Men and Women’s National Team Trials, Junior Team B members, Cadet Team B members.
- USATT Hot Spots based on first come - first served principle.
- Any eligible athletes not included in the above categories.
Procedures for entering in International Competitions
Athletes wishing to participate in international competition based on self-funding should:
NOTE: The Prospectus of a tournament is usually posted on ITTF - Calendar website about two months prior to the start of the tournament and contains information regarding hospitality options/costs, deadlines, events to be played and other useful info.
- Contact USA Table Tennis by email at: Doru@usatt.org at least 2 weeks prior to the entry deadline of respective event. The entry deadline is posted on ITTF webpage/calendar in the Prospectus of each event at: http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf2.asp?category=calendar
- The email must contain:
- Event name, date and location
- Athlete’s name
- Events to be entered
- Hospitality package chosen
- Copy of passport
- Arrival and departure dates
- Name of the accompany person (if any)
- Payment method for entry/hospitality
Print out this USATT Document as .pdf