USA Table Tennis
USATT Criteria and Procedures for Entering US Athletes in International CompetitionsUSATT Criteria and Procedures for Entering US Athletes in International Competitions
Athletes not funded by USATT to participate in international competition but wishing to participate on a self-funded basis will be entered in international competitions per following criteria/priority until the spots allocated to USA will be filled, according to ITTF rules.
Note: This criteria will not apply for Olympic, Pan Am, World and Continental title events, or any other events that have specific qualification/selection procedures.
- Members of the National Team /respective gender in finishing order at the Trials.
- For ITTF Junior Circuit- in the following order: the Junior National Team members, Cadet National Team members.
- For ITTF World Tour/Open tournaments - in the following order: Men and Women’s National Team members, Junior National Team members, Cadet National Team members.
- Members of Team B/respective gender in finishing order at the Trials
- For ITTF Junior Circuit- in the following order: the Junior Team B members, Cadet Team B members.
- For ITTF World Tour/Open tournaments - in the following order: 5th through 8th finishers at the Men and Women’s National Team Trials, Junior Team B members, Cadet Team B members.
- USATT Hot Spots based on first come - first served principle.
- Any eligible athletes not included in the above categories.
Procedures for entering in International Competitions
Athletes wishing to participate in international competition based on self-funding should:
- Contact USA Table Tennis by email at: Doru@usatt.org at least 2 weeks prior to the entry deadline of respective event. The entry deadline is posted on ITTF webpage/calendar in the Prospectus of each event at: http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf2.asp?category=calendar
- The email must contain:
- Event name, date and location
- Athlete’s name
- Events to be entered
- Hospitality package chosen
- Copy of passport
- Arrival and departure dates
- Name of the accompany person (if any)
- Payment method for entry/hospitality
- Events January 01, 0001