- Lily Zhang lost her last match 3-4 but still advanced to the main draw as the #1 finisher in her group. It was a wild match to say the least. The score was 11-9, 11-2, 2-11, 6-11, 8-11, 11-1, 10-12. It will be interesting to hear from Lily what was going on after she comes back. The match was not streamed. Lily's next round opponent in the main draw will be BARTHEL Zhenqi (#66 in the world) from Germany. Lily is "lucky" to draw the "weakest" 16th seed player.
- Ariel Hsing, as predicted, won her last match 4-1 and advanced as the #2 finisher in her group. She will play Guo, Yan (#5) in the main draw. It won't be an easy match but anything can happen.
- It wasn't WU Yue's tournament this time. She lost her last match in her group. So, it is over for the event for her.
- Lily's first round opponent will be HIRANO Miu (#179) from Japan. Miu is dangerous because as the #3 player in the qualification round, she upset the top player and made herself in the main draw.
- Ariel will also play vs a Japanese player SO Eka (#243). Again, don't be fooled by the seemingly low world ranking. Eka was also the #3 player in her group and upset both #1 and #2 to elbow herself into the main draw.
- Lily and Ariel's round of 16 opponents in the main draw will be JUNG Yumi (#165) and KIM Mingyung (#229) from Korean who won their tough qualification round match 3-2.
- Wu Yue and her partner SHAO Jieni from Portugal on the other hand had a tough 2-3 qualification round match loss. So, Wu is out of the tournament.