2012 Olympic Games Team Leader Position Opening
POSITION TITLE: Team Leader
USA Table Tennis is seeking candidates for a Team Leader position for the 2012 Olympic Games.
The accreditation allocation for the Team Leader position is not guaranteed and will be based on final USOC credential allocations and overall team size.
If, a Team leader position will not be allocated, one of the coaches will take over the Team Leader tasks.
All travel and hospitality expenses will be paid by USOC/USATT for all meetings or training camp(s) before the Olympic Games and for the 2012 Olympic Games.
The candidates should be US citizens and be willing to submit to a background check.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may submit their application and resume to USATT COO/High Performance Director (USATT, One Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by the close of business on March 1st, 2012.
REQUIREMENTS:i. Successfully pass a USOC approved background check.
ii. Possess a valid passport that does not expire until at least six months after the conclusion of the Games.
iii. Have the ability to work effectively with the USOC.
iv. Have strong administrative, communication and organizational capabilities/skills.
v. Be responsible for Team’s adherence to all rules regarding discipline at the Games.
vi. Fulfill all duties and requirements of the USOC including attendance at USOC Games related meetings.
vii. Be available for entire duration of the Games.
viii. Have the NGB’s/PSO’s approval to make financial decisions regarding the Team.
ix. Be in good health and able to withstand the physical rigors of traveling with and working with the Team.
x. Have experience in administrative and athlete relations, previous Olympics, Pan Am or Worlds Team Leader experience is preferred but not required.
xi. Have the ability to understand and manage athlete issues.
xii. Possess the willingness and ability to work and dedicate time to planning, administration and crisis management issues.
- Attending all meetings scheduled with USOC during the games;
- Managing the air tickets and hotel booking for camps and PG
- Attending meetings for Draws;
- Serving as the representative for table tennis as Team Leader;
- Accompanying athletes through drug testing if necessary;
- Assisting coaches with training schedules and any needs during the games;
- Disseminating information to coaches and athletes regarding schedules, results, practice times and attire;
- Filing protests when appropriate on a timely fashion;
- Participating in disciplinary actions when necessary;
- Collecting accurate statistics regarding athlete performance;
Print this Document