USA Table Tennis
- Selection Procedures
- 2014 National Team Programs
- 2014 National Team
- 2014 US World Team
- 2014 Para National Team
- 2014 Junior Boys' Team
- 2014 Junior Girls' Team
- 2014 Para Junior Team
- 2014 Cadet Boys' Team
- 2014 Cadet Girls' Team
- 2014 Mini Cadet Boys' Team
- 2014 Mini Cadet Girls' Team
- National Team Info
- Para Team Info
- Team Results
- Join On-Line Today
- Member Profile Update
- Contact Us
- Social Media
- History of USATT
- National Champions
- Hall of Fame
- Staff Directory
- Directors and Officials
- Approved Equipment
- Board of Directors
- High Performance Plan
- Code of Conduct & Conflict of Interest
- Financial Reports
2010 Youth Olympic Games Team Leader/Coach Selection Search
USA Table Tennis is seeking a Coach/Team Leader for the 2010 Youth Olympic Games. All travel and hospitality expenses will be paid by USOC for all meetings and for the 2010 Youth Olympic Games (YOG).
The dates of the entire YOG are anticipated to be August 12-26, 2010 pending ITTF and USOC programs.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may submit their application and resume to USATT National Office (USATT, 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5th 2010:
- Possess a valid passport that does not expire until at least six months after the conclusion of the YOG.
- Be able to attend for the entire duration of the YOG.
- Be in good health and able to withstand the physical rigors of traveling with and working with the Team.
- Trained and skilled with respect to mental, physical and at-the-table training, playing strategy and techniques.
- Proven experience/ability as National Team Coach to motivate, understand & work effectively with athletes.
- Possess effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work effectively with the USOC.
- Have strong administrative, communication and organizational capabilities/skills
- Previous Olympics, Pan Am or Worlds Team leader experience preferred but not required.
The selected candidate must pass a USOC approved background check.
- Fulfill all duties and requirements of the USOC including attendance at USOC YOG related meetings.
- Be available and attend the entire duration of the YOG and other training camps planned by ITTF or USATT.
- Coach the selected team in practice and during the YOG.
- Responsible for any communications between USOC and athletes and for travel logistics.
- Responsible for the entire athletes program during the YOG.
- Be responsible for Team's adherence to all rules regarding discipline at the YOG.
- Write a detalied after-action report and submit it to USATT within two weeks after the event