National Paralympic Team Coach Position Opening
POSITION TITLE: National Paralympic Team Coach
Part time position for providing coaching services to National Paralympic Team members during training camps and competitions based on the National Paralympic Team program/budget.
The applicants should be US residents or have a working visa for US and be willing to submit to a background check.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare the National Paralympic Teams training program based on the USATT approved budget.
- Identify, recruit and provide information and guidance to athletes interested in becoming members of the National Paralympic Team.
- Coordinate the individual training of the National Paralympic Team's members
- Provide coaching during the training camps and International Competitions
and ensure that Code of Conduct expectations and guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate the logistics of the trips with USATT National Office.
- Generate a detailed annual report on all aspects of the program by December 1.
- During International Championships, be ready to assume the duties of a Team Leader if there is no Team Leader as part of the delegation, including attending Team leader meetings, coordinate team members' classifications, facilitate needed personnel care assistance.
- Coaching certification/degree recognized by USATT
- Proven track record in the development of athletes, strength in strategic and tactical coaching at the international level, elite training techniques, disabled athlete training, knowledge of the ITTF/PTT classification system, organizational expertise, and leadership skills.
- In addition, candidates are expected to have a thorough understanding of basic athlete disability physiology, sport psychology, nutrition, sports first aid, and biomechanics.
- Knowledge and acceptance of USATT's, and US Paralympics organizational roles and abilities.
- Knowledge of ITTF/PTT rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards for wheelchair athletes
POSITION REPORTS TO: USATT High Performance Director
Please send letter of interest and resumes to:
USATT Technical/High Performance Director
USA Table Tennis
Deadline for resume submission: February 19, 2010
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.