USA Synchro announces US Junior National Team
INDIANAPOLIS - USA Synchro announced its 2014 U.S. Junior National Synchronized Swimming Team on Monday following the final stage of trials in Lafayette, Calif.
The swimmers earning a spot on the 2014 U.S. Junior National Team are:
- Anita Alvarez (Kenmore, N.Y./Town of Tonawanda Aquettes)
- Claire Barton (Los Gatos, Calif./Santa Clara Aquamaids)
- Gillian Brassil (Moraga, Calif./Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Rachel Hyon (Cypress, Calif./La Mirada Aquabelles)
- Isabel Malcolmson (San Jose, Calif./Santa Clara Aquamaids)
- Sandra Ortellado (Walnut Creek, Calif./Walnut Creek Aquanuts)
- Noelle St. John (Dublin, Ohio/Indy Synchro)
- Karensa Tjoa (San Jose, Calif./ Santa Clara Aquamaids)
- Monica Velazquez-Stiak (Phoenix, Ariz./Scottsdale Synchro)
- Elizabeth Wiita (Vancouver, Wash./MAC Synchro)
Amanda Urke (Medina, Minn./Santa Clara Aquamaids) was named the replacement swimmer.
The U.S. Junior National Team will compete at the U.S. Open in Henderson, Nev. (July 15-19) and the 14th FINA World Junior Synchronized Swimming Championships in Helsinki, Finland (Jul 30-Aug. 3).