US team set for World University GamesINDIANAPOLIS - Eleven of the nation’s top collegiate synchronized swimmers will compete for the United States July 5-9 at the 2013 World University Games in Kazan, Russia.
The team includes 2012 Olympians Mariya Koroleva (Stanford) and Mary Killman (Lindenwood), who finished 11th in duet in London.
The squad includes eight members of the Stanford squad that won its seventh national title at the U.S. Collegiate Championships in March.
The U.S. will compete in the team technical on July 6 and the team free on July 8. Team members also will compete in the solo and duet events.
Killman will take part in the technical and free solo competition. Olivia Morgan (Stanford) will compete in both the technical and free duet. She’ll partner with Rosilyn Tegart (University of the Incarnate Word) in tech and with Megan Hansley (Stanford) in free.
The team will be led by Stanford coach Sara Lowe and assistant coach Megan Azebu.
Killman, along with Rebecca Moody, who competes for the Santa Clara Aquamaids, will represent the U.S. at the FINA World Championships July 20-24 in Barcelona, Spain.
For more on the World University Games, visit http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Synchronized-Swimming/Events/2013/July/05/2013-World-University-Games.
The 2013 U.S. World University Games Team includes:
- Madison Crocker (Stanford/Sr./Weston, Conn.)
- Morgan Fuller (Stanford/Sr./Sunnyvale, Calif.)
- Leigh Haldeman (Stanford/Jr./Kenmore, Wash.)
- Megan Hansley (Stanford/Jr./New Canaan, Conn.)
- Mary Killman (Lindenwood/Fr./McKinney, Texas)
- Mariya Koroleva (Stanford/Sr./Walnut Creek, Calif.)
- Michelle Moore (Stanford/Sr./Tonawanda, N.Y.)
- Olivia Morgan (Stanford/Sr./Lafayette, Calif.)
- Rosilyn Tegart (Incarnate Word/Sr./Kamloops, B.C., Canada)
- Evelyna Wang (Stanford/Fr./Los Altos, Calif.)
- Khadija Zanotto (Ohio State/So./Los Gatos, Calif.)